Kingsford Invitational

PatioDaddio

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
This week I'll be headed to the $50K winner-take-all Kingsford Invitational in Belle,
Missouri. There will be a handful of great teams there, along with an esteemed
panel of judges. I plan to do a series of posts on the competition and the events
surrounding it. If you have any burning questions (no pun intended) or things
that you'd like me to photograph, ask about or cover, let me know and I'll see if
I can work it in.

Thanks in advance,
John

I always like to see pictures of the teams' setups.

You ever been to Belle?? Middle of NOWHERE, with NOTHING except the Kingsford plant. Owensville is the closest semi-civilized spot. I live 40 minutes from there.

Nope, I've never been. We're staying in St Louis. We should get there just in
time for the post-election riots. :shocked: :razz:

I live in Washington Missouri. You'll be passing through here. You will be very close to Hermann MO, which has a number of excellent wineries and Swiss Meats is quite good. Depending on where your staying, I'd recommend a leisurely drive out Hwy 94 to Hermann and Hwy 19 to Owensville, then Hwy 28 to Belle. Wineries in Augusta and Dutzow as well.

Nope, I've never been. We're staying in St Louis. We should get there just in
time for the post-election riots. :shocked: :razz:
Enjoy St Louis, just wear a Cardinals hat and you will fit right it! I recommend the wineries as well.

Cubs hat and a Blackhawks jersey should do it whilst singing "Sweet Home Chicago"......

Don't forget your I love the Patriots bumber sticker. That's the best way to keep your car safe.

Cubs hat and a Blackhawks jersey should do it whilst singing "Sweet Home Chicago"......

Good point. I was going to suggest a Chicago Cardinal jersey, but you guys are lucky they moved...

Back