Turkey Day

oifmarine2003

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
We hosted Thanksgiving at our house this year. We had 17 people in attendance. We made 4 different turkeys. I did not brine since they are already enhanced.

We used 4 different flavor profiles. We had:
- Honey & Bacon BBQ injection with Ted & Barney’s Meat Sauce Rub
- Jalapeno Butter injection with Slap Ya Mama rub
- Creole Butter injection with Creole rub
- Teriyaki Honey injection with Santa Maria rub

Turkeys went in the smokehouse early Thursday morning. I kept the temperature around 220 for the majority of the cook and used a mixture of apple and cherry wood.

Here is a picture of the turkeys after a couple of hours in the smokehouse.

The cook took right at 10 hours.

Then wrapped and put away to rest for about 30 minutes (people were getting restless)

Finally, a carving action shot!

In addition to the turkeys and the 9000 other side dishes that were made, I also decided to try to smoke mac n cheese on the UDS.

And also some smoked deviled eggs!

And here are most of the sides (there are more on the other side of the counter).

All in all, everything turned out really nice!

Feast fit for a King. That is beautiful, Did any body taste test the different seasoning in the birds to see witch one was thought to be best?

Love the homeade smoke house!

That's truly a Thanksgiving feast! Great job!

What were those mesh bags that you birds were hanging in?

Looks Great Chris! is that the stockinette you told me about?

You guys had a feast!

Feast fit for a King. That is beautiful, Did any body taste test the different seasoning in the birds to see witch one was thought to be best?

Love the homeade smoke house!

Thanks.

All 4 of the birds were well received. My favorite was the honey & bacon bbq one. The jalapeno butter had a real nice kick to it and a lot of people really liked that one.

Awesome spread, you are definitely the 'host with the most'!
Love the stockinettes, I'll have to look for those. Any idea where I can get them online?

I'm NOT crying. I've got smoke in my eyes. Yes-that's it-smoke.

What a memorable table you've set

If I order my plane tickets today it won't be that much to come join you for next year. That looks like quite a spread...

Turkeys look absolutely amazing and so does everything else. Great feast!

Back