Ribs and Fatties

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
We had a party last Sunday and made what I have been told are the best ribs we have done to date. The problem is, Big Al and I each only got one. I did get a picture of them but let's just say I was enjoying the party and it wasn't the best picture I have ever taken..
To resolve the lack of ribs last weekend we threw on 4 racks of St. Loius cut spares and 2 fatties - one maple and one sage. The Sage fattie is already history, and the maple is for our neighbors, along with a rack or two.
Here is the start of the cook this morning...
RibsandFatties090509.jpg

The fatties are straight out of the package - no stuffing, no rub (except what came off my hands from the ribs) , no bacon blanket.
Royal Oak with cherry and apple for flavor.

What time is dinner? Char and I are on the way. Good looking eats.

Post Pron...

Here are the after pics.
Not as tasty as I have had in the past - same rub, same wood mix, but just tasted kind of flat. Go figure...
DSC_0441.jpg

DSC_0447.jpg

You realize, of course, that I had to go get some JD Maple sausage tonight because of this post... right? To go with the ribs tomorrow (assuming I can fit everything on the egg)?

Lynn - sometimes you can do everything exact or right and it's just the ribs.. you described it right... "flat".. I've made a bunch of "flat" ribs where I did everything as I planned but in the end something was lacking.

either way great job on this and also pleasing the crowd at the party last week with the other rack.

Hey Becka - you may need to stack them - I am sure you will find a way to make it work!

Thanks Vinny - I was bummed since I sent some ribs and a fattie up to the neighbors.. come to think of it, I didn't see them at all today.... uh oh....

Back