Old country smokehouse

Luvdawings

Reaction score
Picked her up at academy Friday morning. Seasoned her Friday evening! Saturday I smoked some wings, ribs, and pork steaks with some oak and pecan! She worked great! Held 225 perfectly! Ordered a lava lock gasket for her, she leaked a little bit out of the top of the door, but besides that no leaks from any of the welds!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 381
lil leak don't hurt nutting. I'd skip the gaskets and mod the FireBox grate.......

Last edited:
Man that's a pretty sweet smoker! I personally like the vertical designs. Like smitty says, a little leaking won't hurt. I'm sure the more you cook on it like the WSM for instance it will get gunked up and seal up nicely right?

Made a basket with 2 inches of room under it. But when I do a longer smoke I'm going to fix the plate so the ash just falls straight to the bottom of the box. Haven't decided wether to cut a big square out and add expanded metal or cut more slots in it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 300
I cut out the center in mine and added expanded metal.
May should have cut more out but it works.

Yup - Upfront - 3/16" Smokehouse for the price of gas.......
Well you deserved it, plus they should make you the Brand Ambassador for Old Country, I think it's about time you bumped the Plenty of Pecos thread :wink:

I haven't seen that one in awhile (you're slipping) :shocked:

Back