lamb roast

breaky

Reaction score
Hi all,

In Australia we grew up as a country on the sheep's back (Unlike the New Zealanders, who grew up chasing em :mrgreen: - Its a southern hemisphere joke - they love it :twisted:)
But in the U.S. you grew on the cattle's back, so we don't see so much about lamb on this forum.

When we bbq, we see as much lamb as steak being cooked So my qusetion is - can legs of lamb be roasted successfully on a UDS? Does anyone have experience doing this and if so how did ya go about it and what sort of rub did/ would you use?

Come to think of it, can any piece of meat thats roasted in the oven be cooked on a UDS?

Thanks all

breaky

I love lamb........... Mrs. Ashmont not so much. Kids whats that dad then mom turn them off of it.... Hmm they are going away for the week here soon and I have to stay behind. Awe!!! I see lamb in my future and oh a poker night too!!!:twisted:

I do lamb shanks every once in a while. I find they do best when cooked fast like chicken. I rub them with a little olive oil, then sprinkle on some kosher or sea salt and lemon pepper. I cook them at 325 until they hit 170 internal. Might give them a flip once to prevent burning.

I've both smoked and grilled goat (Cabritos) on several occaisions. If lamb was more availaale at a reasonable cost I'd use it.

I think we should have a lamb throwdown. I would like to see the inventive minds in here tackle lamb.

Like to have some bbq lamb. In western Ky they BBQ mutton it really good. Google Western Ky, BBQ
That what I,m eating
DSCN9187.jpg

Like to have some bbq lamb. In western Ky they BBQ mutton it really good. Google Western Ky, BBQ
That what I,m eating
DSCN9187.jpg
Thanks jestridge. just what I've been looking for :-D What works for mutton will work for lamb! Excellent!

here's some boneless legs of lamb on an egg. i reckon it would work in a uds :biggrin:

legoflamb-035.jpg

legoflamb-015.jpg

easterlamb-023.jpg

easterlamb-025.jpg

Hi Rickstropicaldelight

Man they sure look tasty, I reckon I can smell em from here! :icon_bigsmil

I have done lamb on the UDS and it works just fine. I don't care for it but the MIL enjoys so.

DSC05346JPGx.jpg

Yes, I would say anything you can oven roast can be cooked in a drum. At the big summer barbecue, we do boneless legs in the BDS, and yearling lamb quarters in a longer pit.​

1523bce5.jpg

Rick you and thirdeye is killing me with the food pron....WOW...I like lamb but damn its high priced here

I agree cook it and it should be fine.
RTD you need bigger arrows or a gun. You must of had to track that lamb for miles till it died.
HaHa

Breaky;

Sure it works with the "low and slow" method

South Texas Cabrito.

BBQ2001.jpg

BBQ2002.jpg

BBQ2007.jpg

JV

Man does that ever bring back some fond memories.....

Back