Chuck Smoke Question and Pron

Big Chuck at 208º towel'd and into cooler for a rest. Butt at 193º, little while longer. That little Chuck was at 158º 2 hours ago and only at 163º now its a little stuck...

Love the red mark at 225* on your thermo. I could use that when I forget my glasses in the house.

Love the red mark at 225* on your thermo. I could use that when I forget my glasses in the house.

Same here.

I wish I could paint the needle red as well, then I could see it better from the porch. I used my Dghtr's finger nail polish.

The finished product.

My 1st Chuck and thanks to this site I got it to pull. Everyone really liked the beef this time around. 12 hours on the Butt, 2.5 hours in the cooler. 7 hours for the larger Chuck, 3 hours in the cooler. That smaller Chuck, 7 hours as well. It hung up at 160ish for about 2.5 hours.

No Pic of the little one, still in the cooler.

ad4e75b9.jpg

2c5b022e.jpg

I got a Chuck roll at the Business Costco for $1.99lb, I found the smallest one they had a tad over 15lbs, cut it in thirds. Smoked one and ground one up for burgers can't decide what to do with the other!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!! Pulled chuck.:biggrin: One of my favorite food groups.:cool: Those look real good. You're gonna enjoy them.:cool:

Very nice pron. We just had our first chuckies at the Northern Bash thanks to Pat and I am hooked will be doing a bunch of them next weekend.

Back