Pics Of a Really Great Brisket.

Mmmm!! That looks wonderful!! Bet the bark was tasty too!..

It look great from the start to finish!! Prolly one of the best looking brisk I have seen

When you foiled for two hours, did you cooler it then or just let it rest? I'm asking cuz it looked so good.

When you foiled for two hours, did you cooler it then or just let it rest? I'm asking cuz it looked so good.

Neil, I put that babby in, didn't open the lid till I took it out, then foiled it and set it on the counter for close to a couple of hours. I tried it all ways but I'm thinking I just got a hold of a really good brisket. Sometimes I'm not so fortunate. If you can find a consistant good supplier of briskets that eliminates alot of poor results. I paid $1.50 lb and got it at Stater Bros. It's hit and miss at that store. I try to go Choice.

Got's to give it up to Big Mista for the idea on the rub. I saw his post of some tri-tips. I asked him what the rub was. Lemon Pepper, Montreal Steak Seasoning and Lawery's Season Salt. That cause the bark to be outrageous. I learned that between a good cut of meat, oak wine barrel, seasoning and watching your meat temps, once again, you get great results. One of the best I've had so far.

WHO'S RUB??????????????????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQCeXzhWz3U&feature=channel_page

Brother, I appreciate your hard work, and talent. Masterfull Youtube presentation. I am a benifeciary of your library of knowledge. I just happened to take notice of the rub on one of the Mista's post's. You both have my blessing.....That being said, what wood you generally useing :twisted:?

Wood is now a certain percentage Post Oak and certain percentage Pecan or another Hickory Family Tree if not Hickory.

Oh... two tips... don't mix the stuff all at once... thin layer of lawreys, Thick Layer of my Butt Glitter and then mix one part montreal, one part no salt lemon pepper (good luck finding it) and one part large grained pepper.

Also... don't foil a packer, start it upside down, flip it at 170 in a pan and never cover unless resting and then cover it only in butcher paper real tight.

Its 5 degrees out here in iowa right now and I have 2 briskets for me and my co workers tommorow. Hope it turns out as pretty as that one.

Stater Bros carries Brandt briskets. Like Thom Emery says, gotta be friends with the guy behind the meat counter. I'm going to ask them to order some.

Back