Trailer Smoker Registration

Sawdustguy

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
When we got the Lang 84 deluxe delivered the last week in August we never dreamed about the hassle it would be to register the damn thing. In New York State to register the trailer they want the certificate of origin which we have plus we need a safety inspection because it is not what they call a standard trailer plus take it to a weigh station to have the weight verified. Even though the trailer does not need brakes they may even force me to put brakes on it because it is over 1000 lbs. Has anyone else registered a Lang 84 deluxe in New York because this sounds rediculous?

I got the run around here in FL with my Kingfisher, too. I still don't have it registered. Same crap - cert. of origination (got it - with weight), no inspection (probably because they haven't though of it), wanted the weigh ticket (but didn't press too hard) -- and then the lady told me "if you bought it over 6 months ago..." so I'm thinking I'll stroll into the tax office now (after 6 months) and see if the status has changed.

I've registered a lot of trailers in NY and they are pricks from the word go. They want their money, extra money and will put you through heck to get it. S

Smoker Registration

Here in MN they told me I did not have to have it registered or have a license plate for it. Go figure.
Smoke On!!!!!! at www.kickassbbq.com
Ed

In South Dakota you do not have to register it. As it falls under special use trailers. No plate needed. This I thought was weird but I had the court house put it in wrighting as I thought it was kind of off the radar. Oh yeah I have a lang 84 also.

Back