THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I never done the pocket thing, but these two snips from my cookin' site confirm that I think an injection late in the cook is worth trying out. I mentioned it just the other day in the "When Do you Inject?" thread.

(Brisket Page) - An injection technique that I picked up from fishlessman on the Big Green Egg Forum, calls for skipping an intital injection when the meat is raw, and shooting it toward the end of the plateau or before the rest. The meat takes the juice easier than when raw, and it adds a moisture and flavor bump at just the right time.

(Injection Page) TIP - I have gotten a couple of suggestions for using an injection in the later stages of a pork butt cook. This would be done during the plateau or right before foiling and holding. I think this is a very good idea, especially on pork as I often use a sop after pulling anyway.

I never done the pocket thing, but these two snips from my cookin' site confirm that I think an injection late in the cook is worth trying out. I mentioned it just the other day in the "When Do you Inject?" thread.

(Brisket Page) - An injection technique that I picked up from fishlessman on the Big Green Egg Forum, calls for skipping an intital injection when the meat is raw, and shooting it toward the end of the plateau or before the rest. The meat takes the juice easier than when raw, and it adds a moisture and flavor bump at just the right time.

(Injection Page) TIP - I have gotten a couple of suggestions for using an injection in the later stages of a pork butt cook. This would be done during the plateau or right before foiling and holding. I think this is a very good idea, especially on pork as I often use a sop after pulling anyway.

I am definitely going to have to try this. I have tried injecting brisket and butts before. It seems to work a little better on the butt than the brisket. The mess almost doesn't make it worth it and it seems to me that when the meat is raw, all of the injection runs right back out of the holes. It makes sense to me if you did it right before you wrap or after the meat is tender, it would soak up the injection better.

My trigger finger is gettin itchy....

Back