Frozen Food?????

biggs98

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Cleaned out the freezer last night and found food from 2-3 years ago. I found some chicken thighs, corned beef, burgers, and some shell steaks. Is the food still safe to cook? How long can meat stay frozen for? Thanks in advance

The corned beef and chicken was. Everything else was just sealed with plastic wrap like from the supermarket.

It won't kill ya, but not sure on taste or flavor. I'm sure the supermarket plastic wrapped stuff has to be freezer burnt. vac-sealed stuff should be ok.

It's ALL safe to eat. Frozen food never changes into food that is unsafe to eat.
If it has some "freezer burn" it may (or may not) have a unusual taste. But it is always
safe to eat. If it does taste odd....just cover it with some BBQ sauce or hot sauce and
it will be fine.

A time frame to go by as to how long frozen foods are safe to eat; is....Forever.

It's ALL safe to eat. Frozen food never changes into food that is unsafe to eat.
If it has some "freezer burn" it may (or may not) have a unusual taste. But it is always
safe to eat. If it does taste odd....just cover it with some BBQ sauce or hot sauce and
it will be fine.

A time frame to go by as to how long frozen foods are safe to eat; is....Forever.

What Grillman said....

I think there is also a difference in a standard freezer and a deep freeze, you would get an extended time frame in a colder freezer.

Cook em but be ready to order pizza if they don't taste good. Like other said though, it won't make you sick unless it was bad before it went in there.

Back