Hello from sunny So Cal!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mook

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey all,

Been hanging around for a couple of weeks now and thought it was about time to say hey and join the fun.

Started que'n about 10 years ago when my contribution to the family holiday dinner was to provide the turkey. Now you gotta understand that in my family, Gumbo is the traditional Thanksgiving meal and the bird is for the visitors that are expecting one.

Started out by smoking an 18lb bird on a 20 gallon Sweet Daddy Rose's barrel pit. Still use it by the way, real hard to do a 15lb brisket on though. Then i rediscovered the long lost built in brick woodburning offset that my Grandfather built in the house i grew up in and my parents still reside in!!! That really got me started full smoke ahead.

Nothing like heading to Mom's house and spending a day stoking the fire while all sorts of goodies cook in the chamber above.

Anyway, i have been reading BBQ forums for a while and never found one as informative and entertaining as the brethren. Reading along here that last few weeks makes me feel like i am out back cookin and talkin trash with yall.

Although i have not found my own Bandera yet, and may have to settle for a queer (but only if BigAl's firebox will fit), i will keep looking and hope you all will have me as a step brother till I do.

Thanks for introducing me to the brothers hornbri

Mook

Peanuts?

No step brothers here - we're all brothers, no matter what smoker we have. Glad to have you!

Sounds a sthough you will fit right in. One question how in the hell do you lose a built in brick cooker ? Welcome to the group and jump right in. You will not have a problem finding a pile. :roll: The peanut supply appears to be in or headed to Chicago area.

Thanks JT.

One question how in the hell do you lose a built in brick cooker ?

Well, my Grandfather used a couple of times a year when i was a kid, but as he and the rest of the family grew older, and apart, the patio became a storage ficility of sorts. Maybe i'll post pictures one day. As my intrest in Bar B Que grew, i decided it was time to fire it up again. I think you guys might call it the Clean Up Mod.

Good to have you around! Pull up a chair crack open a beer and shell some peanuts, your an official brother now. :D

mook said:

Although i have not found my own Bandera yet, and may have to settle for a queer (but only if BigAl's firebox will fit), i will keep looking and hope you all will have me as a step brother till I do.

Thanks for introducing me to the brothers hornbri

Mook

Peanuts?

First, welcome Mook,

Second, the only Brinkman I have seen is in boxes at LOWES and from one of the Brothers that have one, his post said that there were no shelf tabs in the fire box that my basket is designed to sit on, however if the fire box top opening is the same or bigger it will fit and I could modify to work.

"Queer" Legs Basket MOD :!: :wink: :lol:

mook said:
Thanks JT.

One question how in the hell do you lose a built in brick cooker ?

Well, my Grandfather used a couple of times a year when i was a kid, but as he and the rest of the family grew older, and apart, the patio became a storage ficility of sorts. Maybe i'll post pictures one day. As my intrest in Bar B Que grew, i decided it was time to fire it up again. I think you guys might call it the Clean Up Mod.

Welcome aboard mook. And yes, I would like to see some picture of the built-in smoker.

Welcome!

Definately sounds like you'll fit in.

I'd say a built in smoke chamber in the chimney trumps my ECB for sure!! :D

if the fire box top opening is the same or bigger it will fit and I could modify to work.
14 1/4 x 17 3/4

Welcome Brother Mook, Glad to hear there is Q in granola land :lol: Glad to have you with us. Plenty of help here to save a lot of aggrevation and get your new cooker up to snuff. Let us know how your search goes.

PM me your real name and address, and I will make sure you get some peanuts, however, I am not the nutter.

Thanks for all the kind words all.

Mark, I will get some pics up in the next few days of the built in. Here are some pics of Bigmofo and my last joint session: http://homepage.mac.com/vlouque/PhotoAlbum6.html

KC thanks for posting the opening deminsions, any other usefull observation on Brinkmann?

Greg, all the peanut talk has me nervous.

mook

"Greg, all the peanut talk has me nervous.

mook"

It should!! :twisted:

Anyway Welcome. :)

And, I am not the nutter neither.

mook said:
Thanks for all the kind words all.

Mark, I will get some pics up in the next few days of the built in. Here are some pics of Bigmofo and my last joint session: http://homepage.mac.com/vlouque/PhotoAlbum6.html.

KC thanks for posting the opening deminsions, any other usefull observation on Brinkmann?

Greg, all the peanut talk has me nervous.

mook

Link does not owrk just fyi

Great Pics Mook.

And welcome.

Nice results and a good cooker, you'll fit in just fine here.

mook, I'm gonna start a thread in Q-talk "brinkmann skd info" so your intro doesn't get hi-jacked and others can find the info later.

Fark, now I'm hungry!

Link still won't work for me, sends me to a mac site that says "Sorry, you farked up"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back