Cleaning grease from smoker off of concrete?

Big slick

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I have some grease spots on my concrete patio from my smoker and a couple from my other grills. Is there any sort of product that I can use to remove these spots with? Also is there a cheap sort of mat that I can buy to protect the concrete from such messes?

Thanks!

Concrete is porous, so unless you had a sealer on it, it's probably stained for life. You might be able to get some of it off, but you will still see some staining. Clean it, put on a good concrete sealant, that may darken it enough to mask it.

Try some oil dry or cat litter, and grind it in with your foot. Might not get it all but it does a pretty good job for me. YMMV. Cheers!!!

Try some dish washing soap like palmolive. Let it soak for a bit then hit it with a brush and water to rinse.

try the cat litter, oil dry suggestion....then use powdered Tide detergent with a scrub brush. They use this at service stations. AS mentioned above, it may not come out all the way.

I have seen mats at lowes adn also on-line...some are m,opre expensive than others adn I think I will be looking for one soon, as weel. Probably 3x4 feet.

I recommend one of the smaller terrier type dogs. They think anything that hits the floor is theirs, so no training is involved.

Get the spot wet and apply powdered Tide detergent to the spot and just leave it to do its thing , It may take a few days to a week put it will remove most spots .You may have to add some detergent and water during the process.

Start with a pressure washer for sure. A lot will come off that way. Then dry kitty litter sitting for awhile, sweep it up and do some more.

I try hard to catch the grease coming out of my cookers for just this reason. Old sheets of scrap plywood or really old rubber mats or even a neutral colored shower curtain spread under the cooker would help too.

My driveway is asphalt so I just pressure wash it and figure I'll seal it before I sell the house. Mine's full of burn marks from welding and various nicks and gouges from dropping bits of metal or you name it. So it won't ever be pretty again but a nice even coat of sealer will hide a lot of it, take everything away, couple pots of flowers, shoot even the women will like it.

+3 on the cat litter. I've had stains totally removed with it.

Just get a dog. My Labrador barely lets the grease cool off before she goes in face first. :)

Clorox makes this stuff for use outside, it's thick and sticks and doesn't dry real fast. I get it at Lowes in a 2 gallon jug. I use it to get grease spots from our pool deck, it's a stained concrete and no it's not sealed to allow water drainage. Works pretty good, Greased Lightning works good also, those and a little elbow grease and your buying a pad to put under them next time!

Start with a pressure washer for sure. A lot will come off that way. Then dry kitty litter sitting for awhile, sweep it up and do some more.

I try hard to catch the grease coming out of my cookers for just this reason. Old sheets of scrap plywood or really old rubber mats or even a neutral colored shower curtain spread under the cooker would help too.

My driveway is asphalt so I just pressure wash it and figure I'll seal it before I sell the house. Mine's full of burn marks from welding and various nicks and gouges from dropping bits of metal or you name it. So it won't ever be pretty again but a nice even coat of sealer will hide a lot of it, take everything away, couple pots of flowers, shoot even the women will like it.

++++++++ cleans it up quick!

I've had luck with a combo of simple green and cat liter. Spray it down good with simple green and let it sit for a while, then hose it off. After it dries, pour on some kitty liter and grind it in with your shoe. Seriously grind it until there's nothing left but powder. Sweep it up. Usually gets rid of most stains I've had, even oil drops from the car.

Main reason I have moved all my cookers other than the Egg off the Patio. Good advice already given. I have very good success with a product called Awesome, I pick it up at the local Dollar store. Spray, let sit a couple minutes and brush with a stiff brush, rinse.

Website http://www.awesome-cleaner.com/

search muriatic acid...works like a charm....be careful tho the fumes are terrible

I once worked for Jiffy Lube and one of the Techs got an oil stain on the driveway of the VP of a large concrete company... The guy called and wanted someone to clean it off... OMG, I could just see this costing a new driveway...

A day or two later, the VP called back and wanted to know what we used... "My wife said the guy lit it on fire and scrubbed it..." Being curious, I had to track down the guy that actually cleaned the driveway. He told me that he used gasoline, scrubbed it, lit it on fire and then used a standard oil removal product he bought from Walmart.

This particular VP had obviously been down that road before with his business and customers and was also obviously impressed enough to check it out. Might be worth a try!

Back