Mountain High BBQ festival in Franklin???

Brother-n-law-BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
There are only 19 teams in the pro division this year and I was wondering if any one knew why. Last year there were 39! We are in the Backyard again, and its full with 18. I just thought this was odd!

I did hear a rumor of a new big money event popping up near that weekend. Nothing solid though. Franklin is a fine event. Might just be the usual slow registrations coming out of the doldrums of summer.

I know after talking with a bunch of teams last weekend in Greenwood some are planning on going that are not listed and others are going to a contest in VA. Not sure how up to date the web site is or if people are just slow sending in the money

3 weeks out so that doesn't surprise me. Sometimes folks don't send in registration till the last few weeks. We've done it that last 3 years and it is a very nice event. The Braziers are the reps so it is well run and the team that organizes it has always seemed on the ball. We hope to go back this year, but all depends on how we do the week before.

There are only 19 teams in the pro division this year and I was wondering if any one knew why. Last year there were 39! We are in the Backyard again, and its full with 18. I just thought this was odd!

No competing here but I may be coming out since this only about 40 min from where I live.

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
I think there are a few teams in the same boat as Jason...they're in the waiting game right now. It's on our very short list, and if we do well this coming weekend in Carrollton aka Douglasville aka who knows what is going on, then we'll add it to our list.

We're doing Athens the weekend after though so it would be tight since we start back to work on the 28th of this month, and that first month or so back to school are very busy.

Back