Pellet smoked quail

dubob

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Please excuse me if this is in the wrong forum. New here and still learning.

Just returned from a Plantation Quail hunt in Georgia with 50 cleaned bobwhite quail. I would very much like to smoke some of them on my brand new Camp Chef Woodwind SG. Anybody done this on your pellet grill? The Plantation (Wynfield) gave me a couple of recipes, but nothing involving smoke. I've smoked pheasant, ducks, geese, and chicken in my Bradley, but never quail. We don't have many in Utah.

I'm going to attempt smoking a boneless pork roast this weekend on the Camp Chef and would like to do the quail after that.

I haven't done any on my pellet grill, but smoked or grilled quail are great. I like to wrap the breasts in bacon.

One of Wynfields recipes is to wrap in bacon, marinate in Italian dressing for 2 hours and grill for 30 minutes. I'll try that as well, but REALLY want a smoked quail recipe if I can find one. :grin:

You definitely want to follow the above link I like to cook chicken/turkey at 325 or higher as they take on smoke quickly and will not taste good imagine quail would be the same

Back