Todays Cook - steak, ribs, brisket

gtsum

Babbling Farker
Working from home today I thought i would mess around with some cooking.....some pics of last night's chops, and of course I needed a hearty breakfast to get me going today! Going to throw a slab of spares on in a bit, and then will be throwing two 14 lb briskets on for an overnight cook. I am going to try injecting one (never done that before) and the other one normal. Going to plan on cooking them at 200 or so for a few hours to try and set the ring, and then ramp it up to 270 or so and see what happens...I will update as I go along...maybe I will make a few calls today and actually get some work done?!?!

Last edited:
Some spares for dinner. The 2 1/2 year old ate 2 full ribs himself:) These came out right tasty....briskets will go on late tonight and go all night - we are too get 12 inches of snow tonight, so it should be fun!

Last edited:
thanks fellas..the breakfast was shared with my German Shorthair Pointer and Boston Terrier..the ribs. I was shocked at how much of the ribs my son (2 1/2) ate..he saw the pics of the ribs on the screen afterwards and said he wanted more!

I did not get my briskets on last night so I put them on this morning and tried 200 for about 3 hours, 250 for about 2 hours, 275 for an hour, and then bumped him to 300 to finish. It snowed for 12 hours today and the Primo/bbq guru combo did a great job...we ended up with about 12 inches today...

The brisket was very good, but the flat was a bit overcooked - not enough tug for me....I injected it with beef broth, garlic powder, onion powder, and some of my rub and wooster sauce...I really could not tell a difference compared to my normal brisket....perhaps it is because the flat was a bit over cooked??

Last edited:
Back