Looking real nice! Just looked on the map to see how far NW territories are from me. Man oh man... you are REALLY up north!

That's great looking! If that's really your first welding attempt that seems pretty good. Welding is a skill I'd love to learn. Maybe this'll inspire me to start scouting scrap yards for a big tank as well. :clap2:

Man.....nice job on the build! I'm SOOOOOOO jealous! I can't wait to build one just like it to go onto my trailer.

Not that I've built one, but just a couple of thoughts:
  • It looks like you DO have "stops" on your rack slides so that the cook racks don't fall out on you when pulled out all the way? I didn't see them, but since the racks are all pulled out....you thought of that?
  • What about counterweights on the doors? Are they that heavy? Also....do you think you'll need stops so that they don't have to lay ALL the way back when open?
  • You gonna just put it on a heavy cart or on a trailer of some sorts? Didn't know if you were gonna permanize it like Phrasty's?
Like I said.....just some random thoughts. I've been thinking about mine for a good while now. If I only had some FREE STUFF laying around like you did.....!:roll::becky::thumb:

yeah there are stops ( thanks Phrasty ) . my doors aren't all that heavy so I'm not going to put weights on, i am however waiting until I find something out of the ordinary to use as stops. I also made some door locks that tighten up the gaps, I'll get some close up pics tomorrow for you. I'm looking for a trailer, but I'm very ,... Let's say Frugal when it comes to buying something I could probably build. I may just keep it in the yard and build a few more :becky:,

I'm looking for a trailer, but I'm very ,... Let's say Frugal when it comes to buying something I could probably build. I may just keep it in the yard and build a few more :becky:,

Hey, I get ya there! I'm the same way.......I just call it being a CHEAP ARSE!!!:becky::thumb:

I've had a trailer chassis I got for dirt cheap in my yard for about a month now and I'm just looking for the empty tank or pipe to put on it!!!

Color me green with envy. I liked all the pics, even fishing at midnight, in daylight? Not sure I could get used to that.

Hell of a nice job though. WOW!

More pics?

Nice! I have found a few at a local scrap yard, but they have all been cast iron.
You can always just use the door and build a firebox.

Death, That is one sweet smoker, good job I just love that firebox.:thumb:
Wifey caught me taking measurements of our fireplace insert today:heh:

Hey, I get ya there! I'm the same way.......I just call it being a CHEAP ARSE!!!:becky::thumb:

I've had a trailer chassis I got for dirt cheap in my yard for about a month now and I'm just looking for the empty tank or pipe to put on it!!!

I'm sure one will turn up for you. I just let a little flat deck slip away... was only 400 bucks :sad:

Color me green with envy. I liked all the pics, even fishing at midnight, in daylight? Not sure I could get used to that.

Hell of a nice job though. WOW!

More pics?

Yeah its light here 24 hours. Sun goes just below the horizon for a couple hours. It makes up for the almost 24 hours of darkness in the winter. Long winter.:doh:

Back