Beef Tongue Anyone?

Yuk, I ain't eat'en nuthin that came out of a cows mouth.....I will have a egg sammich instead!!!!

Well the second tongue never made it out of the crock pot so I still have no idea what a smoked tongue taste like. However, after removing the skin, fat, taste buds and other mushy gross stuff, the meat was quite tastey, tender, and juicey. I think I'll use the leftovers for tacos and burritos.

LDOJYD said:
Yuk, I ain't eat'en nuthin that came out of a cows mouth.....I will have a egg sammich instead!!!!

Heheee. A co-worker refuses to eat veal because it is "too young". I asked him if he gave up eggs for the same reason.....

Neil said:
Well the second tongue never made it out of the crock pot so I still have no idea what a smoked tongue taste like. However, after removing the skin, fat, taste buds and other mushy gross stuff, the meat was quite tastey, tender, and juicey. I think I'll use the leftovers for tacos and burritos.

Dammitt. We were counting on a side-by-side comparison. So...how did you do the crock pot tongue? (Liquids, seasonings, times etc.)

thirdeye said:
Dammitt. We were counting on a side-by-side comparison. So...how did you do the crock pot tongue? (Liquids, seasonings, times etc.)

I just placed them in the crock pot, covered with water and through in a couple of large cloves of garlic and an onion. Set it on low and took them out 12 hours later. The skin and all the other gross stuff just kind of fell off and then I shreaded the meat and added a little season salt and groung pepper. Very tastey, tender , and juicey.

You know, this subject isn't as palatable on a full stomach... Crock pot tongue... <urp>

Back