How Long Have You Kept Parsley???

Q-Dat

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Just curious as to how far in advance do you try to get it. I have been buying it the day before turn ins to keep it as fresh as possible.

I was curious how well it keeps in the fridge, just in case I happen to find some that is particularly nice.

Although buying it the day before makes the most sense, you can keep parsley or other herbaceous herbs for several days. If you unband it, cut 1/2 inch off the bottom and put it in a glass of clean water, then chill it, warmest part if fridge, the herbs will last for several days.

I make my boxes the weekend before if I have the time. I followed DivaQ's blog entry and expanded it a few days. Works like a charm. ;)

It all depends on how good the parsley is in the first place! If it looks like it's on its last legs to begin with, it won't last very long. But trimming the ends and wet paper towels around it should be good for a few days

I hear tell you can roll each bunch in paper towels and keep several bunches in a cambro conainer (deep square one) for weeks in the fridge.

We're gonna give it a try this season.

I hear tell you can roll each bunch in paper towels and keep several bunches in a cambro conainer (deep square one) for weeks in the fridge.

We're gonna give it a try this season.

Read Danielle's blog post about making parsley boxes in advance. I follow these directions accept I only buy about 6 - 9 heads parsley to do 4 boxes, and I keep them in the refrigerator for 7 days before using them.

I've had it for a month and it was fresh as when i bought it.

Yeah parsley seems to last a really long time without diminishing the quality. I have a lot of grocery stores around me, but sometimes depending on the day can't find good looking parsley. So I start looking around Tuesday before the comp. So if I find it that day great and if not I go back each day till I find what I need. The longest I have ever had to hold it was 1 week, but looked just as good as the day I bought it.

You can store in Green Bags for a week or two without much issue. They can be purchased at most drug stores. I've also kept in a cooler with an inch or two of ice water when competing back to back weekends draining some water and adding ice during the week.

The longest we have kept it was for 7 days...we trimmed an inch off the stems, soaked it in water for an hour, wrapped in paper towels, then transported it in a cooler. The cooler was set up with ice packs on the bottom then a layer of bubble wrap then the parsley then another layer of bubble wrap. Worked like a charm! :thumb:

Back