Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Monmouth County Fair, Freehold, NJ, July 24-25, 2009

White Dog BBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Who is attending this event? This is White Dog's first contest of the year (waiting has been killing me!) and we're looking forward to the event. Hope to see some Brethren there.

Erik

We will be there and look forward to seeing some Brethren as well. Also, if there is any talk of a group shot, or something.

I'm not cooking but plan to stop by and say hello.
Last year Clint (S.I.D.E.) let me hang around his place.

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys.

Is this event full?

When I last asked about 2 months ago there were three spots left. Send Helen an email and see what's up but they don't have much wiggle room due to the giant fair. hpfiore@monmouthcoutyparks.com

As an FYI to new teams, pay attention to the rules regarding fire extinguishers. Few teams had ones big enough to conform to NJ regulations last year so the organizers brought some in and let it slide but I think it may be an issue this year.

Guido, I'll send you a note shortly. Looking forward to hanging out.

The event is full, and the packets should be to all in a day or so. The thread kinda died quickly w/o much interest. Is this it for Brethren competitors?

I tried to get in too late. I dragged my feet because helens assistant told me that they are opening extra rows and they had plenty of room. I wish I could get in. I may just come adn cook with FAT ANGEL if a spot doesn't open up. Good LUck everyone.

Sadly one of our team mates took offense to the pedofile proclaimation requirement. lol

Can't wait. I have the house to myself all next week then head out early friday.

Make sure you get drunk ahead of time since the cops take the whole no liquor in the park thing seriously.

Just got my competitors packet. I like the addition of the free chefs choice and dessert categories for Friday.

Here's the full lineup:

Bad Dog BBQ
BB Smoke
Black Tie BBQ (returning champs)
Burnt Side Down
Can U Beat My Meat
Carolina Beau and the Yankee In-laws
Fat Angel BBQ
Fire Ants BBQ
Flying Porkers
Garden State Porkway
Hog Wild BBQ Co.
Jumping Dog BBQ
Kung Fu BBQ Crew
Lo N Slo
Motley Que Crew East
North Meets South BBQ
Open Bar BQ
Our Couch
Porkmeister BBQ
Red Lion Spicy Foods
Ribs Within
Smoke In Da Eye
Smoke on the Water
Smokey Ts Pit Crew
Smokin Boars
Smokopolis BBQ
Texas Smoke BBQ LLC
The Art of Boar
The Flintstones
The Nectar BBQ Company
Tickled Pig BBQ
TNT Dynamite BBQ
White Dog BBQ

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Clint is right about the fire extinguishers and alcohol, other than that it was a great contest with a huge crowd at the fair.

Good luck to all. It is my teams first full on practice cook weekend so I can't make it down there. Missed Wildwood too. Yikes.

I don't know how to do the Sledcast so I won't even try. Current forecast is a high of 81 on Friday and 84 on Saturday, with scattered thunderstorms both days. Hopefully the rain holds out!

Forecast is looking a little better this morning so fingers crossed. Hoping to be there by 11 or so Friday.

Fri
Jul 24
38.gif
Scattered T-Storms

High 80°
Low 64°

Sat
Jul 25

30.gif
Partly Cloudy

High 84°
Low 68°