Is this chicken too dark?

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I'm working on a new sauce for comp chicken. DO you think this sauce is too dark?

IMG_20111018_151834.jpg

IMG_20111018_151825.jpg

I don't thing so and I know guy who wins with chicken that is darker than that.

Based on the second photo (first on is generally to dark to tell), no, I would give it a solid 8-9 on the color.

For what I can see it has a very nice color... all most like the Slabs Sauce in color.

if your doing slices like that id say no i like the contrast, but if you are doing thighs the box might look a little to dark with all the sauce showing

Personally, I think it looks great.

To be completely honest with you.....I would need a piece sent to me for certification purposes :becky:

I think it looks very good but you never know what the other 5 people at the table would say.

I'm working on a sauce that isn't super sweet but still has a nice shine. Shooting for intenslely savory.

I like the color where the lighter portions are in particular. Shine looks very good.

I think it would show good in competition, but I think it would really do good for your vending markets!!! That is a good looking piece of chicken!!

i see shine in the first pic, but not the second.

doesn't look too dark, but seems to somewhat lay out uneven.

my sauce on chicken is like glass when applied. 15 minutes later in a box. not so much.

go with your tastebuds.

btw, i'll take a slice, thank you.

Neil, it looks good from Iowa :thumb:. Considering that I'm looking at a photo & not the real thing I think you're good to go!

Ok - I'll be the odd man out. Yes, IMHO it's too dark. The base color looks good but it appears like much if it over caramelized. It looks like you finished it over direct heat.... Maybe less time over direct heat?

I say: too dark.

Sweet and salty is what's winning. Just saying.

I say not too dark. I've seen people post some pictures of pale looking chicken and they don't look very appealing to me, they look undercooked. Your's looks like something I would like to eat.

Too dark.

I don't think anybody should be wondering why judge #6 gave us that low appearance score anymore. :)

Back