Turkey cook

Pstores

is Blowin Smoke!
Gong to use the Oakridge Brine ( Game Changer). I have some Game Bird and Secrat Weapon left. Maybe 1/2.... Was going to add that to the package of Santa Maria and rub the bird.

Question is...... Should I Brine the 15 pound or so bird the day before and then rid the bird that morning. Or should I brine the bird two days before and rub the day before.

Cook will be on the Meadow Creek with Cherry and Hickory, with Royal Oak lump.............

Temp I am shooting for will be about 300..

i would brine 2 days before and let it sit in fridge overnight so the skin dries out I would put the rub on prior to cooking Put ice on the breast- in zip lock bags- one each side so the breast meat temp drops That way the breast meat is done when the dark meat is done Cook at 325-350

Agreed. Brine two days before if time allows. If it's a natural bird, brine at full strength for one hour per pound. If it's a store brand bird (Honeysuckle White, Butterball, etc), brine at half-strength for one hour per pound. Rinse the bird well after the brine and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Then, let rest in refrigerator for 24 hours before applying rub and smoking/frying/roasting.

This might also help --> Oakridge BBQ: How to Brine a Turkey

:thumb: :thumb:

Back