It makes a Dad feel good

ricksegers

Full Fledged Farker
The center of my universe, my 19 year old daughter (only child) is leaving in a week moving ten hours away to go to school in TN. I have been a deep funk for sometime because of it. I asked her today is there anything she wanted to do in the coming week before she left. She asked for bbq boston butt.
At least I can blame the tears on the smoke....

Rick

Congrats Rick, on raising a fine young woman who loves Q and made it into college.

Glad to see you posting.

MikeG has a daughter at Auburn, and lives for the days when his girl comes home for the weekend (with friends) just to taste real cooking and Barbecue

First order, get them kids some of your cooking.

You'll see more of them that way.

"Road Trip" will mean a trip to your house!!

It does feel good as a dad to know that your offspring are making the move to become the most they can. I too know the pride of watching a child grow and go off to school. She will never be far, and she wants you to still be apart of her life. That is why she requested the que. Stay interested in her doings/activites/life. Be prepared for her to spread her wings and move out a little farther more and more, but know that she will call home for the "good" BBQ she remembers her DAD making. Congrats on a job well done.

Give them roots and give them wings. That's our job as parents.

Of course it those wings are stained with BBQ sauce, more power to them!

My daughter is only 7 and a half, but I can understand how you must be feeling right now. I will be sure to use the same trick on hiding the tears of joy when that day happens to come.

In the immortal words of some hillbilly somewhere, "you've done good" on raising a fine young lady that can appreciate the time in takes to make a fine Q.

Grats! I am sure she will do well and make you even more proud then you may be already.

[Bill said
MikeG has a daughter at Auburn, and lives for the days when his girl comes home for the weekend (with friends) just to taste real cooking and Barbecue

]Two weekends ago: The meal was over, 6 girls and 4 guys watching
TV(asleep) in my den. One guy in the kitchen, had gone out to his car
and got his toothbrush to try and get the last drop of "Show Me" sauce
out of the bottle to put on the last rib. "Desert" he said.
Later they all packed up...back to school.
Life is good.
Best wishes to your daughter.
Mikeg

Did get on my daughters case for getting into my sauce stash. I had
hid the show me sauce(got it in our trade). Guess I need to find another
hiding spot.

Back