water pan clean up

Neil

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just curious as to how those of you using a waterpan smoker (with water) clean up after a long smoke, espescially if you've just cooked a couple of butts and briskets. Where do you dump your grease?

I let the grease cool off and firm up, then drain the water out from under it. And just dump the grease in the trash with the ashes. Good way to get rid of my extensive collection of 3# coffee cans.

Waterpan Clean Up

I line my pan with foil then let it cool down drain off water pull foil with grease out throw away. Sometimes I just buy a bunch of cheap foil pans and drain off water then toss the whole thing out usualy cost .50 a piece
STUBBA

Use Sand with foil over the top

i wait til my neighbor goes to work then dump it in his back yard :D

I usually funnel it into an empty gal milk jug, then wipe the rest out with paper towels. All of that goes into the trash. Then I hose the pan down with Simple Green and scrub a little with a brush and more paper towels. Every now and then, I'll spray the water pan and all my grates with oven cleaner and put in a plastic trash bag for a couple of days- then hose off with high pressure. Sometimes I'll even take 'em to the car wash.

I've got a little spot near where I run the smoker that I'm fighting with some big weeds. The water and greese gets dumped there after it's cooled off. Seems to help keep the weeds under control. :-D

I dump it into a 5 gal bucket and collect it until the bucket is full (and really ripe). Then I dump it down the storm drain in front of my neighbor's house. I usually wait until it's going to rain so that it gets washed away unless he's p****d me of recently, then it goes down when there's no rain in the forecast. Smells like a deer fell in and died. :-D

I usually do like stubba said with the foil.
BTW, welcome stubba. Head over to Cattle Call and introduce yerself!

I have an industrial grease dumpster. If you only have a gallon or two you can dispose of it here.:-D

bbqjoe said:
I have an industrial grease dumpster. If you only have a gallon or two you can dispose of it here.:-D

Okay, I am trying to invision myself explaining to my wife how I have to drive to Wikiepa AZ to dump my water pan.:roll:

OT
I too use a disposable foil pan and just toss it in the trash.

I just put it under my kids' bed!

It's not like he's going to notice the difference in his room. :grin:

qman said:
Okay, I am trying to invision myself explaining to my wife how I have to drive to Wikiepa AZ to dump my water pan.:roll:
Roadtrip!!!!

I just toss mine in the woods HOT! Let the coons and skunks and my 2 cats fight over it. After dumping it hot, it wipes clean with paper towels. I wash it later.

I like the idea of it ending up on the neighbors side of the fence.

Neil said:
I like the idea of it ending up on the neighbors side of the fence.

Hell, at 4:26am, you can pretty much ditch it anywhere.

Dude, go to bed

Back