No cook bbq sauces recipes wanted.

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I am looking for bbq sauce that needs no heating or cooking, if they exist. I know most vinegar base thin sauces don't need cooking, but I am not looking at those. More of a heavy base catsup, mayo, mustard, or on other bases, but with no cooking required.
Dave

Dave, you want me to send you some S.C. mustard sauce?:grin:

Easy No Cook Barbecue Sauce

3/4 cup light or dark corn syrup
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup French's brand prepared mustard
2 teaspoons ground ginger
In bowl stir together all the above ingredients.
Brush on meats or poultry, turning frequently during last 20 minutes of grilling. Cover and store in refrigerator.

NO COOK BBQ SAUCE.

*1 quart apple cider vinegar
1 (20 ounce) bottle ketchup
*1/4 cup paprika
1 pound dark brown sugar
1/4 cup salt
*1 tablespoon black pepper
*2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
*1 tablespoon garlic powder
*1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup lemon juice

In a large container, mix together the apple cider vinegar, ketchup, paprika, brown sugar, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Pour into an empty vinegar bottle, ketchup bottle or other container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.

*Heat the vinegar & wooster add the spices and let steep 20 min add sugar & salt stir to dissolve.
Add Ketchup and lemon juice stir to combine.

Dave, you want me to send you some S.C. mustard sauce?:grin:

Except for Blues Hog mustard I don't see many mustard sauces around these parts. but I do like it and try to keep some Blues Hog on hand. If you have had this can you tell me if it is very different than other mustard sauces? Thanks.
Dave

Easy No Cook Barbecue Sauce

3/4 cup light or dark corn syrup
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup French's brand prepared mustard
2 teaspoons ground ginger
In bowl stir together all the above ingredients.
Brush on meats or poultry, turning frequently during last 20 minutes of grilling. Cover and store in refrigerator.

NO COOK BBQ SAUCE.

*1 quart apple cider vinegar
1 (20 ounce) bottle ketchup
*1/4 cup paprika
1 pound dark brown sugar
1/4 cup salt
*1 tablespoon black pepper
*2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
*1 tablespoon garlic powder
*1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup lemon juice

In a large container, mix together the apple cider vinegar, ketchup, paprika, brown sugar, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Pour into an empty vinegar bottle, ketchup bottle or other container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.

*Heat the vinegar & wooster add the spices and let steep 20 min add sugar & salt stir to dissolve.
Add Ketchup and lemon juice stir to combine.

With some exceptions, these both look very similar to what I make, which I have always simmered all the ingredients together.
Dave

Except for Blues Hog mustard I don't see many mustard sauces around these parts. but I do like it and try to keep some Blues Hog on hand. If you have had this can you tell me if it is very different than other mustard sauces? Thanks.
Dave

PM me your address and I'll send you some local stuff from 'round here, Brother

Simmering takes the place of time. You can steep the same ingredients together for a few days, with some shaking up, and you will end up with a functional BBQ sauce. It is hard to get that super thick sauce without simmering.

For a usable mustard sauce, I simply take yellow mustard, mix in half as much of a 50/50 mixture of cider vinegar and BBQ sauce and call it good.

Back