THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I know I posted this on Facebook also, but those who need cooler space how much do you need and what temps do you need to run. I can easily bring my bigger smoker! Any suggestions for food? Was thinking of doing a big meat or ribs, been keeping any eye on amount of people

If any of you all would like to do a little bit of bass fishing before the bash, please let me know. There's a small lake nearby full of small, finicky, easily spooked bass that would love to meat you!! :mrgreen:

If any of you all would like to do a little bit of bass fishing before the bash, please let me know. There's a small lake nearby full of small, finicky, easily spooked bass that would love to meat you!! :mrgreen:

So you're saying that you're cooking bass at the bash? :thumb:

I know I posted this on Facebook also, but those who need cooler space how much do you need and what temps do you need to run. I can easily bring my bigger smoker! Any suggestions for food? Was thinking of doing a big meat or ribs, been keeping any eye on amount of people

I still haven’t figured out what to cook :-D

Keep the time frame in mind. Ribs would probably be ok, but I would do anything that takes longer.

I am thinking about whipping up a couple of special fatties, so if you decided to bring the big cooker I could use a little space.

I could probably use space about the size for a couple racks of ribs. Probably bring two 1/4 size sheet pan racks so I don't hog up too much space at once. 250ish or lower for me, but can adapt to other temps.

Last edited:
Probably 10ish like last year. Not a whole lot of people seem to show up early. Anyone planning on cocktails the night before?

We'll likely get there around 10 as well.

I decided on home rolled fatties :-D

We have so much ground pork from comp trimmings that I may as well use it. Not sure what flavor fatties, but I promise they will be interesting :shock:

Jon, if you can spare some space in your cooker that would be great :thumb:

Last edited:
I decided on home rolled fatties :-D

We have so much ground pork from comp trimmings that I may as well use it. Not sure what flavor fatties, but I promise they will be interesting :shock:

Do a reverse vegan fattie.

Instead of fake and soy based meat substitutes trying to be combined to make something pass as meat, you can you pork trimmings and other meats in a fattie and try and get them to taste like broccoli.

Yum

Have tried smoked tofu at a SoCal bash and can make that if y'all would like to try it.

Do a reverse vegan fattie.

Instead of fake and soy based meat substitutes trying to be combined to make something pass as meat, you can you pork trimmings and other meats in a fattie and try and get them to taste like broccoli.

Yum

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Back