sam's cart, $54
aspen wooden top from lowe's, $21
4 bolts from the garage
old fence boards
4 firebricks, $4
total, $79 dollars

jimdandy2008-016.jpg

jimdandy2008-017.jpg

i drilled a hole and added a bolt to each leg at the support shelf, see red arrows. i also added a hose clamp on top of the cart handle supports so i could lift up while moving the cart, see black arrows. the 1x6 fence boards spread the load over the steel grid on the shelf and make it more stable

cartdetail.jpg

to attach the wood top surface, i removed the plastic caps in the top of each leg, drilled a hole in them, and screwed them to the bottom of the board in the proper locations and simply pushed the caps back in the legs

Rick;
Those are really nice!, just the carts themselves look like they could be handy. Excellent job my man.

Scott

Nice job, Rick. Tattoo look jealous. It looks like he's started to drink :-D

Nice lookin carts. Looks like they should be sturdy enough and you added the needed extra strengh at the joints.

Hi Rick, Nice looking fleet and set of wheels. Baby doesn't look like he's got a home yet. Are you sure the one C-clamp light is enough for all of them? :mrgreen:

Dude, that is too slick. I've been thinking about giving my Small Egg a nest. That looks like the ticket. Thanks for the idea.

i'll have to check my local sam's. been wanting to build a "cart" for my grill dome that i acquired a while back, but this seems a bit cheaper and easier. thanks rick!

nice table, given the size of one them holes, looks like someone is planning on an xl....LOL.

nice table, given the size of one them holes, looks like someone is planning on an xl....LOL.

ha! that's the medium in a cart made for the next large i'm carting home from eggtoberfest :eek:

Amazing what a nice set-up can do for your scores....:cool:

Congrats brother on your recent awards!

Can't wait to see the new stands up close and personal! :shock:

Back