Italian Dressing marinade?

Smoking Terrapin

Knows what a fatty is.
Anyone ever tried this on pork? I've done on steaks before, but generally stick to the mustard and vinegar injections and marinades on pork. I got some boneless country style ribs (aka. sliced boneless pork shoulder) and figured it was worth a try. I'll try to not eat it before photographing some pron...

Real question is how to finish them. I'm not sure I'd baste with Italian dressing, but don't want them just tasting like my standard smoked pork. Suggestions? I'm thinking some diluted OJ or OJ & Worcestershire.

I marinate, and baste pork loins with Italian dressing all the time. That is some mighty fine eating. With pork be careful how long you marinate, as you can make pork paste if you go too long.

I have used on Chops & Chicken. A different flavor GOSP and a Hickory smoke baptism. Use a Tomato based KC style sauce in a hot tub the last HR. with a quick reverse sere right before yo pull em off.

Anyone ever tried this on pork? I've done on steaks before, but generally stick to the mustard and vinegar injections and marinades on pork. I got some boneless country style ribs (aka. sliced boneless pork shoulder) and figured it was worth a try. I'll try to not eat it before photographing some pron...

Real question is how to finish them. I'm not sure I'd baste with Italian dressing, but don't want them just tasting like my standard smoked pork. Suggestions? I'm thinking some diluted OJ or OJ & Worcestershire.

I often marinate chops or Kabob pieces in Italian Dressing when I cook on the grill. I also baste them with the remaining marinade while they are still cooking before they are near done.

Bernsteins Restaurant Italian is excellent with FISH! Yeah!

Soak some Salmon fillets in the stuff and sear! WOOOO WHOOO!!

I really like Stubb's Pork Marinade. After marinating, you can cook it down to make a spicy sauce.

CD

I don't know about marinading, but I sometimes use zesty Italian dressing as a slather on my large cuts and ribs. It works great and is a lot cheaper than olive oil.

I never use commercial dressings if I'm cooking, and the reason why is because after an industrial chemist friend who worked at a "kitchen lab" designing these products told me that when they make a product like a salad dressing, they do not test for the harmful molecular changes that would come if it were heated.
They are not responsible for it, they do not have a commitment for protecting people from doing things other than intended use.
He put it like " we sell rope, but if you hang yourself don't look to us".

That's because you're not British. I've seen safety instructions for a British electric fry pan that stated "Do not use pan on stove" or some such...

I've mixed Wooster with Good Seasons Italian and marinated London broils, but never pork. I will be a trying it tho:thumb:.

Back