Rib mop

B

Bevo

Hey, any of you have a good mop for ribs and are willing to share?

I've had several. You can find 'em at a BBQ store or Academy Sports. Probably Cabella's or Bass Pros too.

After using them for quite a while, the only good thing about them is the speed with which you baste. In, mop, out, with less heat loss than a spray or brush.

I've had several. You can find 'em at a BBQ store or Academy Sports. Probably Cabella's or Bass Pros too.

After using them for quite a while, the only good thing about them is the speed with which you baste. In, mop, out, with less heat loss than a spray or brush.

Umm ... the "share" part?

This is my go to Mop Recipe for Pork and Ribs..
Sweet Heat Mop:
12oz. Texas Pete 2 Cups Apple Juice 1 Cup Cider Vinegar
1 Cup Catsup 1 Cup Cane Syrup 1 Cup Lt. Brown Sugar
3 Tbls. Lemon Juice
Combine in Pot, Simmer on low for 30 Minutes

Two weeks ago I added a 11.5 oz Bottle of Bangkok Padang Peanut Sauce to the recipe. The Ribs turned out Real Nice...:-D
attachment.php

attachment.php

Two parts maple syrup, one part your favorite BBQ sauce de jour and one part apple juice.

I use apple juice only until the last 30 minutes with this mop.

Thought I would share my recipe for mopping sauce. This stuff is great!!

DP Mopping Sauce

• 1 Cup of Dr. Pepper
• 1 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
• 1 Cup of Vegetable Oil

Stir ingredients together and apply to liberally to whatever you are cooking. This mop adds great flavor and keeps meat from drying out.

Hey, any of you have a good mop for ribs and are willing to share?

Umm ... the "share" part?

Sorry, my mama told me never to share my mop with another man...

What we have here is a failure to communicate... :rolleyes:

I've mopped and sprayed in the past but I really never noticed a big difference in the end result. Now I glaze with my favorite sauce du jour thinned with a little apple juice during the last 30 minutes of the cook.

What we have here is a failure to communicate...

LMAO - you got THAT right! :roll::oops::lol:

For the liquid mop (ahem) I either water down some BBQ sauce and add rub, or use marinade with additional rub.

There!

Dr. BBQ's spray recipe is good - I forget the quantities but it is apple juice, bourbon and worchestershire sauce.

Back