Greetings from High Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

bittertruth

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Hello all. Bittertruths the name and Beer and (recently ) smoking are what i am about. I have been making my own beer for about seven years and decided to find another hobby that i could do and drink at the same time. What could be more natural than Q'ing. I just recently purchased a Bandera and am getting to know it little by little. I have been collecting the info on this site and using it to my advantage, and it has been a great help. So thanks to you all, your knowledge has been indespensible.

Glad to have you! There's a lot of knowledge here so ask if you got any questions and post if you got answers!

Glad to have you with us.
Hope you enjoy the site...give and take,
thats what its about..post and be
a part.
Welcome
Mikeg

Welcome BT!

Glad to have you aboard. Tell us about some of your Mods and some of your recipes!!

If you're gonna take, you gotta give!!

:lol:

bt, welcome Brother. Let us know how your mods are coming and what's cooking.

Hey, it's the fella that was so kind to buy me my Bandera and house her till I was able to pick it up!

Glad you found the site and are opening up the channels of communication--let the information start a flowin'! This here is a great bunch of fellers!

BTW - we need to talk shop on this here beer brewing. I would love to start this hobby up sooner or later.

Beer Brewing and BBQing they just fit! Welcome Brother
I am going to attempt to do both this weekend with out ruining either.
I wonder if wort would be a good substitute in the water pan?
This site is the best for BBQ info and advice
Cheers

How that brisket come out this Friday? Did you try that rub I gave you on any meat? What ya think?

Another brewer - woot! :)

What's your signature brew, bro? I was out of it for several years and have started back in. My next batch will be a smoked raspberry porter and I'm going to combine these two loves and smoke my own grain. Wish me luck!

Arlin

Welcome to the brotherhood. Enjoy what you learn and share what you know.

Arlin_MacRae said:
Another brewer - woot! :)

What's your signature brew, bro? I was out of it for several years and have started back in. My next batch will be a smoked raspberry porter and I'm going to combine these two loves and smoke my own grain. Wish me luck!

Arlin

With a name like bittertruth it has to be India Pale Ale, and the name is "Bittertruth IPA". I do wish you luck on the smoking of your own grain. I imagine it will take alot of attention to get it right.

BigBelly said:
How that brisket come out this Friday? Did you try that rub I gave you on any meat? What ya think?

BB, the brisket turned out great. all due to the imparted knowledge of yourself and the brothers on this site. I did not use the rub you gave me yet. there wasn't enough of it to do two briskets and six chickens so i made up my own, involving brn sugar, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, dried chilies (chipoltle & poblano), thyme, and cumin. It was all good.
I am going to use your rub next on a Butt when i get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back