THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sparky'

Full Fledged Farker
ok, this is a long story. a little while back i was having a garage sale. had all my grills and smokers out front of the house. i posted everything on craigslist and posted signs around the block. i was cooking riblettes and abts on my mak 2 star for the ppl showing up. well it was a good day. i sold both my 1 stars, weber kettle & weber Q, WSM and traded for my drums. a guy came over and asked if the food he was eating came off the mak 2 star. yeap. he said how much for it? its not for sale sir. once again he asked how much? sir, its almost 3 years old and i paid 2K for it. so if i had to put a price, ummmm. $1500. i told him how much a new one cost and said he should get on of those. well, he left. i was cleaning up and he shows up w/ a truck and a envelope. $1500 in it. damn. so i helped him load it up. :'( i gave all the money from everything to wife. she was happy because i only had a SRG, 26 weber kettle and a 18 WSM. a week when by and my wife asked where was the 2 star. i sold it by accident. more :'(. she laughed a little then told me to go and buy whatever pellet grill i wanted. i did alot of research on alot of pellets grills. i thought long and hard about the fast eddy pg500/1000, memphis advantage, yoders and the maks. i talked to alot of my friends here from the forum for input. i decided to go w/ this.
newstuff042.jpg

got her decked out w/ all the goodies.
newstuff044.jpg

got the new pellet boss. works great.
newstuff047.jpg

stuff to go w/ it. skillet, 2 1/2 racks for the bottom of the grill and a 1/2 upper rack.
newstuff045.jpg

got a full hopper. lets fire this baby up.
newstuff048.jpg

newstuff049.jpg

newstuff052.jpg

newstuff051.jpg

ran her on high for 1 1/2 hours then 350 for 1 hour then smoke for 1 hours. she's broke in. making pig candy today. no bad juju for sparky.
ok, ya'll are probably asking why did you pick the mak 1 star #315 over all the other grills. well, i like the powder coat. easy to clean w/ sponge. stainless steel on the lid to the 2 star was stained and a pain in the butt to keep clean. powder coat for me. i like the pellet boss. in my opinion they is no better controller on the market. i like like being able to take the fire pot off and empty it. i have owned traegers, green mountains, memphis and mak pellet grills. i didn't like that the yoders from what i have gathered eats alot of pellets. i also didn't like that the fast eddys only have a 18 x18 smoker space. to small. i choose the mak 1 star. love it and w/ all the goodies i still only paid around $1500. my wife was happy that i didn't get the fec 100 (4k). maybe next year.

Great choice, and congratulations :thumb:. When I opened my BBQ shop, I also did a lot of research, and decided that the MAK 1 Star was one of the best pellet cookers out there, so I now carry them. I also had to purchase one to use at the store, and absolutely love it.

It's too clean and you lost me at "easy to clean with a sponge". :twisted:
Very nice cooker. Enjoy it!

I have many BBQ machines and I love my MAK One star as much as my wife (don't tell her). That is a seriously great cooking apparatus(the MAK, not my wife)!
Good choice.

Back