no garnishes

Pigs on The Run

Full Fledged Farker
recently we have started moving towards no garnish. a good friend of mine suggested that everyteam at the recent Norfolk contest should commit to do it. One team repotedly call hi a dumb @ss. well we have doing very well. In fact we have beaten this team at the american Royal in pork last year with no garnish. Go figure. i geuss i am a dumb @ss too. I was wondering if any one else was doing this?
John

recently we have started moving towards no garnish. a good friend of mine suggested that everyteam at the recent Norfolk contest should commit to do it. One team repotedly call hi a dumb @ss. well we have doing very well. In fact we have beaten this team at the american Royal in pork last year with no garnish. Go figure. i geuss i am a dumb @ss too. I was wondering if any one else was doing this?
John

I heard from some judges that there were some no garnish entries at Platte City, MO two weeks ago. They said that this didn't judge down based on the lack of garnish. Said that some of the no garnish entries scored very well because they were good overall entries.

I heard from some judges that there were some no garnish entries at Platte City, MO two weeks ago. They said that this didn't judge down based on the lack of garnish. Said that some of the no garnish entries scored very well because they were good overall entries.
Thanks for the input. I think some judges will give you points for presentation if it looks nice without garnish.

RGC in Lakeland, FL 2007 Pig Fest
No Garnish 3rd in Brisket
Half Garnish 1st in Ribs? don't ask me to explain that. (no green leaf)

Back