2009 Jack Draw

That's the way it was explained to me, all automatics don't factor in to the draw process but I could be wrong.

That's how it worked last year for us in Arizona. There were three teams with GCs but one of those was for an automatic contest in Nevada. When the other two didn't get drawn in their respective state draws, (we were one of those two teams), they put our bungs in to a Home State Rep draw and we won that draw.

Does that help clear things up a bit?

That's how it worked last year for us in Arizona. There were three teams with GCs but one of those was for an automatic contest in Nevada. When the other two didn't get drawn in their respective state draws, (we were one of those two teams), they put our bungs in to a Home State Rep draw and we won that draw.

Good deal. It is a little complicated. I don't envy the folks trying to run this and keep it straight. All of the refactoring that has to happen after each draw is a little mind boggling.

Was wondering, besides the info that leaks out on the forums as the draw takes place, how does the Jack notify everyone of the results?

Good deal. It is a little complicated. I don't envy the folks trying to run this and keep it straight. All of the refactoring that has to happen after each draw is a little mind boggling.

That's the main reason they don't want results posted ahead of time. So they can try and correct things as it unfolds. As you can imagine, a lot of things can easily be missed...

Was wondering, besides the info that leaks out on the forums as the draw takes place, how does the Jack notify everyone of the results?

They'll release an official roster of all the teams who have been invited which will then be posted here and at other internet forums. They'll then send the official invitations to each team via snail mail.

Ok so just to make sure I understand this correclty...here is the Minnesota list for the draw:
MINNESOTA
The Heat is On
Iowa's Smokey D's
Tippy Canoe BBQ Crew
Parrothead Smokers
Prairie Oak Smokers

Parrothead is the only SD home based GC this year so he is an Automatic...so will his bung be removed before the Mn draw?

No, that's not how it would work unless Parrothead had won a contest that was an "automatic". They will be included in the draw for MN unless they are drawn for another state before the MN state draw takes place. (I don't know how many draws that team has so disregard if MN is their only GC.) If Parrothead isn't drawn in MN or any other state, they will go to the Jack as the SD Home State Rep but there will be no need for a SD Home State Rep if they get drawn in a state draw.

Clear as mud yet?

thats what I thought...thanks for clearing it up, I was confused after reading the above posts (happens to me alot:-D).

This might help to explain things a little better...

The Jack folks are going to do things in a certain order and, unless I'm mistaken, it will be something like this:

Determine all the "Automatic" teams based upon 7+ GCs and automatic state contests, like New Holland, PA and Boulder City, NV. Teams that meet those criteria will be removed from all state draws.

Next will be the State Draws and the order of the states will be selected randomly. Once a team is drawn from a state, they will be removed from any other states in which they have GCs.

After all the state draws are done, any state that had a GC team that didn't get selected in the state draws will be put into Home State Draws. That is were a team like Parrothead would get their invitation as they are the only SD team with a GC but if there had, for example, been two SD teams with GCs then they would be put into a two team draw and the winner would get the invite.

Finally, after all the Home State draws are done, they'll put all the remaining teams back into the hopper and pull one bung. That team will then be invited as the Wild Card team.

I think that covers it!

This might help to explain things a little better...

The Jack folks are going to do things in a certain order and, unless I'm mistaken, it will be something like this:

Determine all the "Automatic" teams based upon 7+ GCs and automatic state contests, like New Holland, PA and Boulder City, NV. Teams that meet those criteria will be removed from all state draws.

Next will be the State Draws and the order of the states will be selected randomly. Once a team is drawn from a state, they will be removed from any other states in which they have GCs.

After all the state draws are done, any state that had a GC team that didn't get selected in the state draws will be put into Home State Draws. That is were a team like Parrothead would get their invitation as they are the only SD team with a GC but if there had, for example, been two SD teams with GCs then they would be put into a two team draw and the winner would get the invite.

Finally, after all the Home State draws are done, they'll put all the remaining teams back into the hopper and pull one bung. That team will then be invited as the Wild Card team.

I think that covers it!

And in the Wild Card draw, you get one bung. Doesn't matter how many qualifiers you won. It is just a little different from the state draws.

Sled would count as a NY state team, so they would not have a state team draw for NY if someone else gets that state draw other than a resident:cool:

I like to wish everyone from the Brethren, good luck on this thursday's draw !!.. If you don't make it in, it's not the end of the world. Just got to try again for next year.

Just added a bottle of Gentleman Jack to the freezer, so that I can celebrate with my friends on Thursday.

Sled would count as a NY state team, so they would not have a state team draw for NY if someone else gets that state draw other than a resident:cool:

You sure, Andy?

Either way, my application finally got there so now we wait. Working on my plans for the Royal for when I don't get in.

Back