Dinner Tonight

Sly-one

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Time was short and we were wanting something simple. So, I made the most simple stuffed jalapenos I've done yet. I sliced a dozen peppers in half, cleaned them out, and stuffed 'em with a mixture of cream cheese spread and real bacon bits. I know, I know, the purists out there are wincing and clearing their throats so they can scream loudly that I forgot to wrap them in bacon. But, as I said, time was short and we wanted something simple, so I just combined the bacon into the stuffing. I sprinkled on a bit of Simply Marvelous Pecan rub and cooked them up. For the last 5 minutes of cooking, I topped some with grated cheddar cheese, and some others with Parmesan cheese.

Jalapenos3-5-12.jpg

We had already started in on them by the time I thought of pron. Yep, we were hungry and this was the main (and only) course for dinner. Very tasty, if I do say so myself.

Recently, Greyeagle and I went up to a huge flea market/farmer's market and as we were leaving, we each bought a flat of fresh strawberries. Today, for desert, wifey used some fesh strawberries to make a strawberry cake, so I guess we really had a 2-course meal. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, we already started in on the cake too before I thought of pron. My primary thoughts at the time were "FOOD!", not pron. :laugh:

StrawberryCake3-5-12.jpg

Has anyone else out there also had jalapenos as their main course? Hey, there was meat, vegetable and dairy product combined into one dish! Why not?

It all looks delicious! :hungry:

It really was! I took the extra peppers over next door to Greyeagle and his family. They all seemed to think these were the best peppers yet. Simple, easy to eat and great flavor. I shortened the cooking time to about 45 minutes so they still had a touch of heat.

:heh: when you're hungry, food 1st pron 2nd , it's only natural. :thumb: on the food.:eusa_clap

Tim that's a first rate meal to me!! I have definately had peppers as the main course. Mine didn't look as good as yours! Great looking cake too. :thumb:

I usualy double up on the meat and skip dessert but I want some of that cake! :thumbup::)

Back