My lengua experiment

Tonybel

Babbling Farker
I'm doing my experiment cook. Beef tounge. We usually boil with a whole onion, salt, pepper. It takes about 3-4 hours and according to my wife its done until the tounge skin comes off very easy.. I'm going to do this in my smoker and treat it like a brisket. Except I'm not looking for a temp to finish.....here's my little tease. More pictures to follow later regardless of result...

1364088839.jpg

1364088836.jpg

Sounds like a great experiment. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

I believe you'll have better luck boiling to remove skin and then smoking.
Anxious to see how this works for you. (guinea pig mod) ;)

I think there are some old threads with pron of someone who smoked a tongue. I love eating tongue. I've only had it boiled and then I usually sautee it until some of the edges are crisp it is awesome. Good luck.

I agree with your wife. I did not smoke mine as long, however. I prefer a firm texture to my tongue. And it is a very lean meat. You'll have to let us know how that works.

To anyone who's enjoyed tongue - looks good!

(I like the Keurig B60 as well. :wink: )

It was a success!!! the beef tounge came out perfect!!! better than expected...

I seasoned with salt and pepper. Garlic and onion powder. Smoked with kingsford only running a temp of 250. It took 6 hours 22 min. internal finish temp was 212. I foiled at 160. Skin came off like butter. Here are some pictures and to be honest I will never boil tounge again. Thanks for looking.

1364179724.jpg

1364179726.jpg

1364179638.jpg

1364179845.jpg

1364179652.jpg

1364179749-1.png

1364179749.jpg

Those tacos look very good. Can you describe the taste/texture for those of us who have never eaten beef tongue?

I'm just not sure I want to try this, yet. What makes this different, or worth trying than other beef meals?

CD

Back