First time Ribs w/ pron on my Mini

aawa

Babbling Farker
Today I was off and wanted to attempt ribs for the first time, as I found a sale for $1.99/lb at FoodLion. *This was my second time smoking anything, first time was a fatty and some brats last week*

So I bought a couple racks and rubbed them up. One with Plowboys Yard Bird, the other with a Cherry Hickory Dirt I was given.
rY2Rd.jpg

I got my Mini all ready, here is a gratuitous shot of the new paint job my buddy put on it. Hot Rod Flames in matte black, and gloss top. I love the way it turned out. Used some RO Lump and Apple wood.
uXb7W.jpg

Got them on the grates and let them smoke. I used the 3-2-1 method on these. I didn't get any pictures of foiling them up unfortunately. I used some butter, brown sugar, honey, screaming peaches habenro hot sauce, and some apple juice.

After 2hrs foiled, i pulled them out and sauced them up. I dont have a sauce brush yet. One of the things I overlooked buying. I'll get one soon though!
tD09K.jpg

After sauced I put them on the smoker for 1hr. They passed the bend test nicely. Here is a shot of the ribs plated up!
T9VTs.jpg

I think the ribs came out nicely, bite through lightly pulling away from the bone and not falling off. I preferred the ribs w/ Plowboys Yardbird rub. My roommate preferred the Cherry Hickory ribs, I'm going to drop a few of the ribs off to some close friends to see what they think!
gTWNZ.jpg

I have definitely taken to Qing it up at home. This forum rocks for knowledge about bbq. Thanx for looking!

Nice flames on that mini and good lookin ribs. I like my ribs with a bite through as well. I'm doing my third cook on my mini this Friday---- love this little thing! Going with beef back ribs and st Louis cut spares

Back