Something different - smoked chicken soup

tnjimbob

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Marinated 4 thighs in Ray Lampe's homemade Italian dressing for a few hours, then smoked them on the kettle for just less than an hour over Stubb's & one cherry wood chunk for flavor. Then, I pulled the skin and put them into some chicken broth to simmer until they were falling apart tender. Sauteed some onions, bell peppers & celery, and cooked some rotini noodles, because that's what my daughter wanted in her soup. Since she was helping, I couldn't say no to that.

Also made some bruschetta to go with it. Pan toasted the bread in a little butter, then spread on the tomato mixture. Grape tomatoes are OK for cold weather, but I can't wait to get some fresh tomatoes from our backyard.

Chicken, cooling a little after smoking indirect on the kettle.
0211121752.jpg

Picked up a baguette for the bruschetta. Thought about toasting on the grill, but by the time that thought came around, the grill was already cooled off and I really didn't want to fight the wind anymore. Pantoasted with a little butter, which toasted the bread just right.
0211121933.jpg

Plated goodness. Our daughter & I worked together on this meal, so she gets credit for being a great helper. :clap2:
0211121945c.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Sounds really good! I did this once for chicken salad so I can imagine how good it must be in soup.

Mmmmm That looks so good! Kudos to you and your daughter! Nice team work. :thumb:

Looks great. Love those smoked poultry soups. Had smoked turkey soup tonight. My family's fav soup

Back