Turkey Carving

Countryhb

is Blowin Smoke!
Big Mista told me there was a great link on here somewhere about how to carve a turkey, but I can't seem to find the link. Can someone please direct me to this link? Thanks!!

Thanks Bull, but that's not it. It was a video link and Mista said it was a great technique he hadn't used before.

What's amazing about this video is the simplicity of the process. I'm ready to go buy a turkey and smoke it, just to practice that technique. The presentation wraps it all up, too.

Wow.

Here's a step by step photo presentation of the NY Times technique that I posted on my blog, too....

Attachments

• 21carve-650.jpg
    21carve-650.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 114
Here's a step by step photo presentation of the NY Times technique that I posted on my blog, too....

Yep, I used the NYT's carving instructions and thought they were pretty good -

DSC01885.jpg

I had 2 whole turkey breasts, and one whole fried turkey.

I was done carving the breasts in that same method in under 3 minutes, and the stuff got to the table piping hot.

I was done carving my bird in 2 minutes! :)

I actually like to do the breast first; the thighs and wings seem to stabilize the bird. I always waffle between removing the whole breast and cutting medallions vs. carving thinner but wider slices from the carcass. For tableside the latter is my favored method.

I agree...great video! I've never been shown how to properly carve a turkey. I can't wait to try out the new information. Stupid question, but is this the same technique you use to strip a chicken?

turkeyboobbutternut-028.jpg

turkeyboobbutternut-027.jpg

turkeyboobbutternut-033.jpg

turkeyboobbutternut-034.jpg

it's just a breast, but just rip off the other pieces :biggrin:

i've oiled that board :roll:

Back