THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pa_BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
I just built a permanent kitchen near our BBQ Shed that will hold a 3 compartment sink, hand washing sink, small freezer and a refrigerator.

I am not ready to spend a couple grand for a cooler, or have room for it, but want some thing better than coolers.

There are a lot of choices out there, and obviously I want the best bang for the buck. I also do not want to buy something and immediately wish I had chosen something different.

Any advice on a size or type to put in a 10X12 kitchen?

I have the same unit but why a commercial fridge?

If your space isint going to be inspected a regular fridge will do.

It may be inspected. I have a mobile trailer that was inspected but did not have a refridge, only coolers. I want a permanent setup with a fridge that I can sell Q out of.

I did not think a fridge had to be commercial, as long as you had a way to check the temp.

It may be inspected. I have a mobile trailer that was inspected but did not have a refridge, only coolers. I want a permanent setup with a fridge that I can sell Q out of.

I did not think a fridge had to be commercial, as long as you had a way to check the temp.

Your not going to get an already built kitchen inspected without a plan review BEFORE you build.

Your trailer will require a commercial fridge.

Your not going to get an already built kitchen inspected without a plan review BEFORE you build.

Your trailer will require a commercial fridge.

I am building it the exact same way my trailer is, and passed inspection.

Trailer was 6X12, kitchen is 8X12. The only difference I am planning on doing is adding a fridge and a serving window.

Worse case scenario I use the kitchen for personal use, and just use my licensed mobile trailer for commercial use.

I do not see a problem with serving out of the kitchen, its better than a tent.

I have an email into the health inspector, I know Pa has different requirements for a mobile / barbecue business.

Right now all I have is a 8X12 shell, I will talk with the Health Inspector before I do much more.

I will have to use a self contained sink system since I do not have water & sewage in the kitchen.

Back