Pre 4th of July que...Pics

keale

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Pre 4th of July smoke, the 3rd is my 14th anniversary so decided to do it now.
First real FATTY! Sausage here goes for 5.99/ lb. so making fatties was out of the question, until Smokingator suggested I make my own…WHAT??? Well borrowed a grinder and after about 8 different spices…sage, marjoram, thyme, nutmeg….and few more…I couldn’t wait for the fatties, so a couple of days before my smoke, I fried some up patties, came out w/ the best sausage I ever tasted! Honest!!
My first real fatties , one was plain, the 2nd , I stuffed w/ pecarino romano, green peppers, jalapeno, and shiitake mushrooms. Did a butt w/ Chris Lillys rub and injection sauce, 2 slabs of ribs.
The Fatties came out awesome! Did the 3-2-1, for the fatties and ribs… unreal all in all very satisfying, the pork was soft and juicy…not sure on the injector sauce yet. First time I’ve glazed ribs, normally use sauce for dipping.
I’m hooked on fatties!
http://picasaweb.google.com/uilanike/Ribs/photo?authkey=eyeG3eW07RA#s5082864375758183378

Your a smokin madman! Hawaii will never be the same.

Yummy looking grub you got there. Like what you did with the fatties. Those carmelized onions are a great idea.

Great job. Haven't tried making my own sausage yet but it is out there in the queue of things to do......so much to cook and so little time..

great slide show man, I gotta do something pretty simular this afternoon for our 4th crowd tomorrow. proly got 30 lbs of st louis spare trimmings two 8 lb butts and 2 seven lb briskets to cook. I hope they look as good as yours when I'm done.

Food looks great Keale...I think I'm going to have to come to Hawaii for the "Q"

Outstanding pictures Keale. Good job.

Nice stuff! I could go for some mac and cheese right now.....that was lookin' tastee!

keale

you're leaving out the best part

Tell these guys who you had this feast WITH:

Beth+2.jpg

Keale, You are turning into one Schmoken Madman!

I don't get how all of you folks find time to take the pictures. I sort of miss that step everytime. If it wasn't for Mrs. DeeZ BBQ, I probably wouldn't have gotten any pictures of the last few comps that I have posted here.

keale

you're leaving out the best part

Tell these guys who you had this feast WITH:

Beth+2.jpg
Anna Nicole Smith lives??? It was all a ruse to throw the paparazzi off her scent???

Kaele - Food looks great -

Back