My Klose baby has finally arrived

djmarko

Full Fledged Farker
For those of you who have been asking the day finally arrived and for those of you that didn't know, after 17 + weeks my Klose pit is finally here. It arrived Friday and I'm curing it today. Didn't have time yesterday due to previous commitments. It's a 20" X 48" with a 1/2" (Phil thanks for the advice on that) firebox, & pullout shelves & a charcoal basket. Any advice from anybody with a similar pit would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCN0228.JPG
    DSCN0228.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCN0229.JPG
    DSCN0229.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 213
  • DSCN0231.JPG
    DSCN0231.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCN0232.JPG
    DSCN0232.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 212
That is one sweet pit!!
The main goal with that type of pit is to keep a clean hot fire. Youll want to keep that smoke stack open all the time when burning logs. Dont know about charcoal. make sure your wood is seasoned ect. Try and have a thin blue smoke or none at all. Also you might want to get a cheap oven thermomter and check the grate temp to see the grate temp vs the thermomter temp. On some pits like that that the temps could be off due to where the thermomter is place (my gator is that way). With every cook youll get better. Every one will become easyer because youll get to know the pit better. Youll get to learn hot spots, how often it need a log ect.

I hope you have many happy years to come with that pit
Chris

Congrats Rich !!! I know I kept asking ya about it all summer at the contests and the Bash.... Glad it finally arrived...

Just let us know when you want us LIFO's over to eat some BBQ :wink: .

Schaaawing! Total pit envy here. Nice! If I was you, I'd have had to change my sig line even before seasoning the pit. Then every day after work, for one week, I would have to just stand and stare at it for an hour or so. Then maybe I would have thought about gettin' her dirty.

nice pit how about a picture of the fire box with the door closed???

Very nice pit, Rich! Congrats.

You asked for advice... The best advice I can give you is to pack it up and send it to me, and I'll take good care of it for you. You really don't want to have to tend the fire and clean up after the cook, do you? :rolleyes:

Back