Official 2010 Jack Draw Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll disagree. The Royal is my ultimate. If you win a qualifying GC, that is open, you can cook the invitational if you choose. Win loose or draw you have the opportunity the next day to cook the Open against the vast majority of the teams from the invitational and anybody else willing to spend the money to cook. In my book, that's the ultimate because between the two there isn't anybody that's excluded.

Well...... :icon_shy

You know I had to say that...:shock:

Dont get me wrong, I am the biggest Slap Yo Daddy fan out there, hell I personally drove all his gear 12K+ miles last year, so this is no way a slight on my BBQ Mentor and brother.

Having 6 draws to the jack doesnt make you a shoe in for the draw. Harry had 5 draws last year (the most in Cali) yet a team with 1 draw got chosen (All Hogs)

Neil, I cant remember the last time you even cooked a contest, so your take on contests is a bit askew, you have no idea the level of competition out there anymore, and when a contraverys like this arises, people tend to complain. I even raised an eyebrow. Some people compeate for fun, such as yourself, and others take this a hellava lot more serious.

As far as I knew, and the rest of the country knew, Harry was going into the lakeport contest 2 weeks ago with 6GCs, he didnt GC lakeport (and that was a huge discussion, because many of us around the country were rooting for Harry to take it) and all of a sudden there are 7 listed. I have heard both directly, and indirectly that as soon as it was noted, questions were raised. Because it was an IBCA contest the people at the KCBS could wipe their hands of this mess, because the KCBS contests were verified.

The problem arises because on the surface it appears that a contest that wasnt a qualifier was included. The person submitting the app to the people at the Jack has to list all their GCs, and the Jack takes that for face value because Jack submissions were made a few days prior to the draw. If SYD submitted an incorrect or false form, he shot himself in the foot, as there will be on re drawing, and Smittys will still go.

I want Harry to go to the Jack more than anyone, but the last thing I want to see happen to my great friend is people putting an astric beside his name. We dont get enough respect out here in the west, and as a serious competitor I thhink we deserve that respect, not more contarversy.

I see/read where everybody's coming from, however.....who's gonna strap on a set and contact IBCA? Writing it on here isn't going to get anything done about it. Blaming it on an individual isn't going to get anything done about it, the sanctioning body is the one that sends the list to the Jack, it wasn't Harry.

I don't have a dog in this fight. It just seems silly to keep point/counterpointing and nobody's doing Jack chit to find the answer. Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions....:wink:

I see/read where everybody's coming from, however.....who's gonna strap on a set and contact IBCA? Writing it on here isn't going to get anything done about it. Blaming it on an individual isn't going to get anything done about it, the sanctioning body is the one that sends the list to the Jack, it wasn't Harry.

I don't have a dog in this fight. It just seems silly to keep point/counterpointing and nobody's doing Jack chit to find the answer. Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions....:wink:

My understanding is that someone has talked with Lynne. Not sure where that went... And I sure wouldn't want to speculate if it's been actually done or not...

How about the Jack people do their own damn leg work and make sure that the teams they invite are they teams they should be inviting.

It appears that you could send in an application with 7 made up grands that you won at your house against 49 imaginary teams sanctioned by the magical imaginary BBQ sanctioned society and get an automatic to the Jack.

They could at least do a little double checking on the automatics...there was only 4-5 of them this year.

Can't we all just get along and invite me to the Jack to wash dishes?
(Lord knows I'll never get there by cookin...)
Ed

How about the Jack people do their own damn leg work and make sure that the teams they invite are they teams they should be inviting.

It appears that you could send in an application with 7 made up grands that you won at your house against 49 imaginary teams sanctioned by the magical imaginary BBQ sanctioned society and get an automatic to the Jack.

They could at least do a little double checking on the automatics...there was only 4-5 of them this year.

Check that: 3-4 of them. Even easier to check. :wink:

As Chris stated, it is the integrity of the process that matters. Any team that qualifies fairly deserves entry into the contest, but I have firsthand knowledge which I have openly shared that one contest used to gain entry did not meet qualifying standards per the sanctioning body.

And still, the facts of that non-qualifying contest have not been addressed.

So they way I read what you are saying is...you question the integrity of the way the JD picks the teams? That they are bending their own rules or worst case senerio, just not following them.

That is the way your position comes across to me.

You maybe right...as a minnow in the BBQ community that will never see an invitation to the Brew 102 World Championship, much less the JD, I don't care...I, like Plowboy have always wondered about the alure of the contest. I got to cook with a team in 2006 and the mystic was burst for me after that experience...I was most dissapointed by the judging pool.

So they way I read what you are saying is...you question the integrity of the way the JD picks the teams. That they are bending their own rules or worst case senerio, just not following them.

That is the way your position comes across to me.

That's not what he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkt

Its really not that bad (I think). Here is my take on an abbreviated version:

Q
Home State
* If any state is not represented at this point teams that live in the state may be selected
* Parrothead lives in North Dakota. No teams from North Dakota were selected in the other draws. Parrothead goes to the Jack
* If there were multiple teams in the draw from North Dakota they would have a home state draw

Pretty sure John lives in South Dakota---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back