I've been challenged. Smoke skinless boneless chicken breast without drying them out.

I have cooked them too. I find they are a bit better on a water smoker. Like a wsm with pan of water. Recently I tried a tandoori marinade. It was a nice thick coating on them when it went on to my uds. Pulled them just below temp and let them rest before eating. They turned out good.

Friend does like this, I have eaten them but not smoked myself: Coat with salt and pepper mixture, 1 part pepper to 2 parts salt. Smoke to 130, wrap in foil with pat of butter to finish. Very tender and moist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you cooking on? here's the secret.. if your cooking on an offset, charcoal smoker of any kind. just smoke hot your still techincally smoking LOL.. cook 325-375 til you reach 155 and start watching them very closely to hit 162+.. I would always pull 165 no matter what. But they say you get 5 more degree's while it rests.. I've tried to watch for it.. never seen it happen. Brining will always be a plus for chicken breast..

This is what I have done for years, it's simple and it works.

Here's my BBQ chicken breast recipe. It's a favorite at our house. Makes juicy and very tasty meal!

BBQ chicken breast

1) Start with nice sized boneless chicken breast and pound until all is about even thickness. Not going for thin breasts, just uniform thickness.
2) Tenderize with jaccard.
3) Simple salt/sugar/water brine for 4-6 hrs
4) Remove from brine and pat dry.
5) Add rub of choice to all surfaces.
6) Smoke at 275 until internal temp 150
7) Add BBQ sauce of choice and finish at 400-500 direct heat to get grill marks and slight sauce char.
8) Pull at 160 and let rest for 5 minutes or so.

After writing all of that I realized we hadn't made in a while. Pulled some breasts out of the freezer and followed the steps above. Came out fantastic. Pic doesn't do it justice, the chicken was amazingly tender and juicy to the last bite. If smoking, careful how much you throw at it. Chicken can be over smoked.

lkXYeTt.jpg

Back