Portable weber kettle?

Buy a shower rod of proper diameter, cut it into 3 legs and use them in place of the OEM legs. Also buy a bungee cord so that the top won't come off. The neat thing is that you can just switch the legs back to the OEM ones and your kettle is back to full size :-o

Have you considered just buying a Jumbo Joe?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Weber-1211001-Jumbo-Charcoal-18-Inch/dp/B0098HR0RC"]Amazon.com: Weber 1211001 Jumbo Joe Gold Charcoal Grill, 18-Inch: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

Buy a shower rod of proper diameter, cut it into 3 legs and use them in place of the OEM legs. Also buy a bungee cord so that the top won't come off. The neat thing is that you can just switch the legs back to the OEM ones and your kettle is back to full size :-o

Best reply thus far. Don't forget to buy three rubber feet for the legs as well.

I formed some legs out of 3/4" flat bar that inserts into the leg holes, then drilled 3 holes to attach the top part of the bar to the kettle. I initially built this as a fire pit but use it more as a more "portable" grill than a fire pit, using a regular lid rather than the upside-down kettle lid I made shown in the picture.
IMG_9778.jpg

IMG_9756.jpg

When hauling it, I put the charcoal grate and grill grate down first then the lid then nestle the kettle on top of the lid with the legs sticking up... works great. Hope this helps...

yea, just get some pipe or curtain rod as mentioned and cut to whatever length you want. and for sure bungee that lid down ! that about as portable as its gonna get.

I bought 3 -1 inch black pipes at Lowes about 4 inches long and ground down the threads on one side placed caps on the other and set off for Colorado. At the park the ranger wanted the kettle 13 inches off of the ground. Thank goodness for concrete park tables.

Put the whole grill in the back of a pickup truck.

There are some REALLY cool mods in this thread!

Higgledy- Were you looking for a simple way to make the kettle fit into your vehicle?

Back