Build-Heads..Found this sweet build...He does nice work.

that guy is definitely an amateur, hes built a few before this, good amount of pics also nice idea on smoke/heat transfer to vertical box, anyone agree or maybe not enough flow? do you think he just closes up first chamber with tuning plates so all heat goes through to box? ive never really seen an offset pit with vertical up close so i dont know how they work completely

I wasn't going to be picky, but it does look like he cut his outlet with a torch!

The heat has to go somewhere--I think his flow will be fine, but the zigzag'd square holes bother me.

There are a few things I'd change (and I'm sure everyone could say the same about all of our builds) but over all I'd give him the passing grade. Cosmetically it looks great..as far as efficiency goes, I don't think he's too far off the mark. I'd pass him there also.

I would love to build a smoker style like that someday. I need to finish my UDS first though lol.

I wasn't going to be picky, but it does look like he cut his outlet with a torch!

The heat has to go somewhere--I think his flow will be fine, but the zigzag'd square holes bother me.

There are a few things I'd change (and I'm sure everyone could say the same about all of our builds) but over all I'd give him the passing grade. Cosmetically it looks great..as far as efficiency goes, I don't think he's too far off the mark. I'd pass him there also.

After you made this post it got me to thinking...The pic of the zig-zag holes has a notation...."Add more flow volume". If you look at the 2 upper holes they seem to have shinier welds and an overall almost newer look to them...I think as an after thought he decided 3 holes weren't enuff and added the 2 uppers to "Add more flow volume". I Could be wrong but that mite explain the look of it.

Back