THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry I came to this so late. Farkin awesome! Clan - there must be some sorta reward for this kinda imagination, artistry & skills. I like to think of myself as a self-taught engineer/Q-master. I have been schooled. Gracias, amigo!

That is so seriously 'Luxe that I can only sit and stare at it in awe. The firebox on a kettle is a puzzle, but an interesting one for me, being a Weber kinda guy. Nice re-use of the different components. You ought to be getting a government grant for this! Really, it seriously good recycling, better than most anything else I've seen!

That is so seriously 'Luxe that I can only sit and stare at it in awe. The firebox on a kettle is a puzzle, but an interesting one for me, being a Weber kinda guy. Nice re-use of the different components. You ought to be getting a government grant for this! Really, it seriously good recycling, better than most anything else I've seen!

Tatoosh, First thank you and others for the comments. I resolved to not spend over $250.00 on this build since this build is exactly how you described it. RECYCLING... I needed to cut the ends off the tank and cap them for the trailer build. :loco: So, everything except the paint, firebox handles, and shelf are things/leftovers gathered from other projects. The materials used for the cart frame and exhaust were drops from another project at work that were being scrapped. The cooking grate and firebox grate was leftover from my last build, the hinges for the firebox were given to me from someone that picked them up at a yardsale, the handle was the handle from the scrapped air compressor.

I stayed within budget on this one, The paint was $175.00 for a gallon and I had to purchase a whole gallon of it. It only used less than half. and the shelf material was $35.00, I used cheap chipping hammers for the spiral handles on the firebox, they were $4.25 each...so total out of pocket was
$218.50. My wife was very proud that I stayed under budget:-D

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS! :becky::icon_blush:

Back