SPECIAL -> BBQ Brethren "Happy Holidays 2012" Throwdown!

I forgot all about this one. I'm making pork nuggets tonight. I bet Santy loves pork nuggets. :thumb:

You outta sneak a couple reindeer nuggets in while he's not looking. You can't tell me he hasn't been crop dusted downwind a bunch of times by those farkers over the years. :tsk: He'd probably consider it revenge. :heh:

Woo Hoo! I think there is still time to squeeze in some endless pork nuggets before this closes. :whoo: Pork nuggets were on sale a Costco the last couple weeks. The first batch we had were very nicely marbled. These were not nearly as nice, but still darn good. I seasoned these with Foil Hat and cooked them at about 300*. The first 12 minutes or so were indirect on the right side of the grill. Then I seared them direct on the left side:

IMG_7053.jpg

Served with beans and baked potato

IMG_7054.jpg

Again, not as marbled as I like, but not as bad as I've had in the past either.

IMG_7055.jpg

... and my wife even made pecan pie for dessert. :whoo:

IMG_7057.jpg

Yum those really look Gore! I can't believe how juicy they are and that pecan pie looks sinfully good. :hungry:

It was nice of you to invite Guerry over to help you with the first picture, but please remember to submit this as a team entry. :thumb:

Yum those really look Gore! I can't believe how juicy they are and that pecan pie looks sinfully good. :hungry:

It was nice of you to invite Guerry over to help you with the first picture, but please remember to submit this as a team entry. :thumb:

Thanks Al! I'm not a big fan of the pork we get here, as it's much too lean, but the last few trips they've had a few acceptable samples. The ones last week were quite a bit better, but these were still pretty good. And Biggie, can you enter that under Guerry's name please!

Here's a stocking stuffer for Santa!:laugh: I really ought to take down all these Christmas decorations and stuff.:shock:

This Ragu is inspired by the famous Pepper Stout Beef recipe, and is something I thought sounded like a good enough idea to try.

It started with some Chuck Roast.

tyja5ajy.jpg

Seasoned with Foil Hat Rub and Black Pepper.

a6agy3yz.jpg

And on to the WSM with cherry chunks for flavor.

e8uhe3u5.jpg

When the chucks hit 165 internal...

a8ymeqep.jpg

I took a pan with some Carrot, Onion, Celery, Garlic, Mushroom, Basil, Thyme, Rosemary and Parsley...

ybytyby5.jpg

I squished up some tomatoes into that...

syhyva5y.jpg

I added some Beef Broth...

udysevug.jpg

And a little Red Wine.

yhetavej.jpg

I topped the pan with Chuck...

4a6y3yny.jpg

Covered with foil and put it back on the WSM to cook until it was pullable.

When the meat was pullable I removed the meat from the pan and pulled it...

8ybu6yje.jpg

Then I blended up the liquid and vegetables with a quick pulse to leave it just a smidge chunky, and added a can of Tomato Paste because I felt it needed more tomato flavor. I added that liquid back to the pan and put it on the WSM uncovered to thicken and reduce the sauce.

da6ytu3y.jpg

I made some Garlic Bread from a nice crusty roll...

zare4ygu.jpg

Topped the bread with some of the Beef Ragu...

ybera7u6.jpg

Then I melted some Provolone over the top under the broiler.

zyha9epa.jpg

Back