My New LowNSlo

Jeff S.

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Got my LowNSlo last weekend. Getting it ready to mount it on a trailer. Should have room for two or three drum smokers and a greenlee storage box up front.

DSC_0002-3.jpg

lownslo.jpg

<--- the lil tag under my name says "Got Wood", hell I didnt even notice...

So I just scored a (free) boat trailer. The usable area of the trailer is 8' x 4'. The GVWR is 1250 lbs.

The LowNSlo is right at 500 lbs, the 1/8" sheet of Diamond Plate, using it for the deck, is 170 lbs, going to add a Job Box to the front for storage, about 150 lbs fully loaded with gear including the box. 2 UDS' in a rack beside the smoker.

Moving the rear axle to the rear of the trailer which puts it right about 1' in front of the fire box, which will hang over the back of the trailer.

Total load should be right around 850 lbs with everything on there. I dont think the trailer frame itself weighs 200 lbs, but even at that I am at 1050 lbs.

This leaves an 18% fudge factor to get to the 1250 lbs.

Thoughts, suggestions, math corrections, blessings....

<--- the lil tag under my name says "Got Wood", hell I didnt even notice...

Don't worry, it probably will not last more than 4 hours.

Sorry Mods the devil made me do it. :tape::tape::tape:

I was wondering how long that would go before someone noticed, no pun intended.

First cook today on the LowNSlo. 3 racks of BB's, to split chickens, and 4 thighs, testing a new procedure for the thighs. Also a new chicken rub.

Wife says I should call it, "Daddy's Breast and Thigh Rub"

First cook today on the LowNSlo. 3 racks of BB's, to split chickens, and 4 thighs, testing a new procedure for the thighs. Also a new chicken rub.

Wife says I should call it, "Daddy's Breast and Thigh Rub"

I like that, I think my next book title is going to be "A Rack & A Rump" :clap2:

Just think about the cover.:tape::tape::tape:

After looking at that sexy cooker I just got wood again!:clap2:

Ok, here we go. 12:00 start on Ribs, Chicken halves and some test thighs.

So far temp control is a breeze, even though the wind is gusting to 20 mph and averaging 11. inlet is to the wind. Might have to change that.

DSC_0003-1.jpg

Always has to be at least one odd ball. 2 hrs 15 mins

DSC_0004-2.jpg

Rubber Skin. Cooked at 250, crisp it on the grill, chicken was very juicy and the skin seemed to crisp up nice. But after letting it set for 20 minutes after saucing, skin was rubber. Looked very crisp when I pulled it, but it seems maybe the skin absorbed moisture from the sauce? I normally try a peice right off the grill, but that doesnt give a good example of what it will do by the time a judge gets it.

Last edited:
Ribs look fantastic! 2.5,1.5,1 just to try it. put a honey, brown sugar, apple, nutmeg, cocoa drizzle on them in the foil.

DSC_0010-1.jpg
DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0011-1.jpg
DSC_0008-1.jpg

Chicken Splits did real well too!

DSC_0012.jpg

Off to see if they do it for the troops. 5 kids and a wife is like havin my own Judges table.

Last edited:
Smoke number 2 in the LowNSlo. Going for a 2.5/1.5/.45 at 250° on these baby's.

Rubbed with evoo, then a dusting of Daddy's Butt Rub. Will do the cherry wood, using a "foil sauce" that I came up with last week, and then set the BBQ sauce in the last 45 minutes, then a brush with Danny's Glaze.

Going for the comp texture and appearance. Taste is fantastic, dont care what them damn judges say! :boxing:

DSC_0015.jpg

Back