**Nu-Temp NU-701 thermometer**

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I picked this up yesterday off CL, did a search and see that it is the choice of Brethren! No meat probe, but it powers up and seems to function.

100_2555.jpg

The guy said he was tired of buying replacement probes and wanted something simpler. The instructions say its a Simple Two Step Setup.

100_2556.jpg

Seems simple to me, he must be in a One Step Program!

The best part- it was FREE! Now, should I order 2 more remote sensors?

I would buy 2 more remotes.:-D I have used one of these for about 3 yrs and haven't had to replace a probe yet.:-D
First thing to do is put high-heat shrink wrap on the end of the probe where the wire goes into it. It will help keep out water and grease.:-D
If he had that much trouble with probes he must have got them wet cleaning them or got them too hot on a grill.:confused:
They will also read funny if the batteries start getting weak. Oh, and they don't like Energizer batteries.:confused: Use the Copper-Top ones. Something about the end probe being just a little longer.:wink:

I got one in Feb and really like it . I had alot of problems with the et-73's I had.

Yeah, I love mine, and have now had it for a few years! A perfect companion to my Thermapen.

I have three remotes and use them all the time, although I would be able to get by with just 2. My first nu temp probe died on me recently, gotta try the high heat shrink wrap. I seem to go through several probes a season (mostly on my polders).

Back