spicy brisket

ultimatesooner

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Made one of these about a month ago and it was a big hit. Injected with a combo of jalapeno butter, beer, jalapeno juice, and a shot of vodka for good measure. This one was a 12 lber before trimming so it was too big to sit in the tub and marinate in the leftover injection like my last one

Rub is cayenne pepper and some rub made by a guy from my hometown that does competitions. I threw the sliced jalapenos from the jar I used on the top and bottom of the brisket and wrapped it in saran wrap.

Ill put it on early tomorrow along with a pork butt, some venision backstrap, polish sausage, and a pork loin. Gotta get everything done in time for the sooner kickoff tomorrow
IMG_20110915_210638.jpg

Last edited:
Personally, I think I would like this concoction! Love spicy foods! Although by the looks of it I think it would hit the bowels "Ultimately Sooner" than expected!!!! Pun intended!!!

Yep. That sounds good! Ever do a bourbon coffee marinade/injection?

Ah.

I'm still going to try yours sometime. Looks like it would be good for chuck too.

This is sounding pretty good. I think its good to change things up once in a while............

Looks and sounds great so far.

No way that would fly at my house though.

Sounds great, but my wife would insist on using habaneros...and I wouldn't argue with her.

My wife would not touch it. Even black pepper is too spicy for her. But I plan to do one per your recipe next time and it'll be my private stash. Do you make burnt ends from the point? As if burnt ends aren't already manna from heaven....but making em from this would be fantatstic!

My wife is not a fan of the spicy stuff either but she likes the deer and pulled pork the most so I leave the heat out of that stuff.

I was actually thinking about burnt ends with this one but I have never made them before so I need to read up on it tonight

My arse just puckered up.

Just sayin. :heh:

:icon_bugeyed Wow! I've done some hot and spicybriskets, but...wow! Let us know how it turns out. :flame:

Oh, c'mon. It's just jalapeno and cayenne. Redhot (My better half) keeps a salt shaker of cayenne right next to the regular s & p at meal time.

Its been cooking for about 5.5 hours now. The breeze here is causing my temps to jump around a bit but it will be ok

IMG_20110917_120643.jpg

Lighting sucks in the phone pic but brisket and pork butt are coming along nicely and the venison backstrap just went on

IMG_20110917_204219.jpg

This is the only after shot I took as it finished cooking after kickoff and the game was too close for comfort. It came out great. The heat is probably a little bit less than the hot sauce at your average bbq joint but the brisket and jalapeno combo of flavors is really good

Back