Just used my gasser :-(

E

Ernie3

I just used my gas grill for the first time in about two years since being turned on to charcoal grilling and slow cooking BBQ.

The forecast here was for rain on and off all day. Well... the wife and kids wanted burgers and I wasn't going to get charcoal going if it was going to be ruined by the rain. So I figured I would fire up the old gas grill....BIG MISTAKE...I don't know how I used it all the years before switching to charcoal. HOT SPOTS, COLD SPOTS you name it (piece of chit):mad:

I have to say I think it would have been faster to get a chiminey full of coals going because it seemed to take the gasser forever to cook. I guess the gassers don't get as hot as the coals do....

Gonna have to build some kind of shelter so I can use my other cookers in the rain.

Welcome brother... Only time I use a gasser is at NASCAR and only because we are not allowed anything else in the garage area.

I've got a gasser but for grilling I'm using the Weber Kettle. I'm not sure if I'll replace the gasser I have when it dies.

sorry to hear brother. i just used my weber gasser to cook some chicken boobs in the drizzle. works great.

Nothing wrong with a gasser, I prefer using it over the oven broiler.

I used mine also.....To store bbq tools:biggrin:.

Great idea, When all the propane is gone its gonna become a BBq tool chest:-D. Very unhappy with it, I didn't know any better when I got it about 8 yrs. ago. I am sure the higher end grills like the webers and such are great, but this was a fairly cheap one at the time. :mad:It has seen its day:mad:

I've been an avid "gasser" griller for about 15 years now...on average 2-3 days per week. It's part of our cuisine routine...:p...especially Friday Night Steak Night.

We just bought one yesterday to round out my army of cookers. I used it tonight to grill Mojo Shrimp skewers. Worked great for me. Its a Charbroil. I wanted a weber but this one was cheaper and helped out a friend in the process. I still use my kettle when i got time but i like the fact that i can sleep later in the afternoon before getting up to cook supper before heading to work. although i do miss smelling like mesquite and fire going to work.

I have an old Thermos gasser. Handle has broken off and I have to use welding gloves to open and close the lid. The electronic ignition is broken so I have to use a bic stick lighter to start. Looks like chit, runs like chit.

Wife wants to me to buy a stainless steel gasser so it looks nice on the deck. I wanted a cheap one since all we really do on it is burgers, brats and hot dogs. I'm sure I'll end up getting a SS one, but hate to part with the $$$ those babies cost.

Ernie..............my brother its ok to use a gasser when you live in areas where the weather isnt conducive sp? to using charcoal. Hell I use an electric Cookshack smoker here and I dont own anybody an explination.
We got over 8 inches of snow today w/35 mph plus winds here today. Try and feed a log burner in a total white out of snow.

I've got two gassers: an older Sunbeam and a Weber Q120.

The Weber is a phenomenal travel grill. I like it for sausages and hot dogs and such and then not having to dispose of coals when I'm in a park or cooking at work. I just turn it off and then store it back in my truck (locking bed cover) when I'm done eating.

I still break out the Sunbeam from time to time when I don't have time for coals. I also use it to season and clean cast iron.

When BeerGuy and another friend gave me a Sunbeam gasser for my wedding present, that was one of the best gifts I had ever received.

The day I pitched it in the dump was one of the best feelings ever. :lol:

I use a gasser all the time. It's great for steaks and chops and veggies and for crisping up the skin on smoked chicken.

It's also a good way to try out new marinades and such.

I've got a Weber Genesis Gold.
I like the convenience of it.
Weather has been a real beeoch lately and I couldn't even
imagine trying to light a chimney of lump in this wind! :eek:

That being said, I do think that food actually tastes better over the coals of good lump.

Like I told the wife.

Different tools for different applications, that's why I need so many grills/smokers!:biggrin:

Back